"Authorizing Purchase" in Market

tam5070

Reaction score
This is my first experience buying an application on my new Droid (I've done it on a blackberry and an iTouch a dozen times). I paid with google checkout and received the emails saying the transaction went through. (I bought shazam encore btw)

Now it has been stuck at the Authorizing Purchase phase for 10 minutes. I'm afraid to pull the battery or something and lose the purchase history (and then have to call someone and get put on hold to rectify it hours later).

Any suggestions? Maybe to clear cache or just suck it up and pull the battery or cancel the transaction?

cromo8

Reaction score
just cancel transaction and redo should work just fine

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
https://checkout.google.com/main shows my purchase history. visit there to see if it registered the purchase. Even if it doesn't make it down to your phone it is ok and you can get it later. A purchase made on your phone is tied to your google account and is good for the next phone, the one after that, etc. You won't have to repurchase the app ever.

Let us know how you make out.

OP
T

tam5070

Reaction score
So I canceled it which was fine and I went to reinstall and it says "Download unsuccessful." After it failing a few times I pulled the battery and it still says the same thing. Should I just wait and try later or hit the refund button or send someone an email?

Thanks for that tied to my google account tip though!

OP
T

tam5070

Reaction score
Update: I just tried to update another application and the same thing happened (download unsuccessful). Either it's just happening to me on every app or it's something with the market?

xious

Reaction score
I spoke with a developer a few days ago and he stated that google is having an issue with authorizations. Usually a transaction goes through almost immediately. However purchases are just sticking at authorizing. The transaction will go through, unfortunately it may take awhile. Mine took a day or so.

Also, I think once you do a refund once, it wont let you do another. But i maybe wrong about that.

X

Jcshannon05

Reaction score
Been there done that... On my MOTO Droid, it took a while for some to authorize. It would go through in a day or so. So I wouldn't worry. The only thing that sucks is that the paid app has a 24 hour refund policy. If u don't like the paid app u can uninstall within 24 hours and get a refund. If it won't authorize on your phone and the 24 hours is up u are stuck with a paid app u won't use. If I was you, I would cancel and try later to see if it authorizes. And if u like it then keep it. If not then u have the option to uninstall and get your money back. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

v941726

Reaction score
I spoke with a developer a few days ago and he stated that google is having an issue with authorizations. Usually a transaction goes through almost immediately. However purchases are just sticking at authorizing. The transaction will go through, unfortunately it may take awhile. Mine took a day or so.

Also, I think once you do a refund once, it wont let you do another. But i maybe wrong about that.

X

yeah. it goes through and you pay for it. but you dont get the app. google blames the dev, the dev blames google. so all you can do is dispute the charge

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Update: I just tried to update another application and the same thing happened (download unsuccessful). Either it's just happening to me on every app or it's something with the market?

Quick questions:
Are you on wifi or 3G?
What is the signal strength?

For me do to any purchases at home I have to be in a "sweet spot" otherwise it doesn't work. Go a few blocks away, fine, but not at home.

virtualhuman

Reaction score
I've bought my share of apps, and have never before encountered this problem before today, when, of course, I want to see if I can get psx4droid working/working satisfactorily.

This sucks. I can't cancel the purchase & redownload without giving up my possibility of a refund. :mad:

EDIT: Didn't realize this was in the Droid X forum as I found the thread off a Google search, but it's really a general Market issue anyway.

OP
T

tam5070

Reaction score
Just an update for everyone...

After waiting several days and being frustrated it still didn't go through, I checked my bank statement online and found out that my bank had denied the purchase. After several phone calls, the issue was that the charge was in a foreign currency. (I think it was euros or pounds, I forget now). Anyway, I had my CC stolen when I was overseas so it was the fraud protection or whatever my bank has in place now. I simply had to authorize the transaction and it downloaded like a charm. Thank you to everyone who offered solutions! I hope that anyone with a similar problem finds some semblance of help in this conclusion.