Audiogalaxy problems with Bugless Beast

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by jason1980p, Sep 23, 2010.

1. jason1980p

jason1980p New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have one problem with BB v4 and v5. And it is because I cant get Audiogalaxy to run in BB. when I launch Audiogalaxy it says something about adblocker. The problem is that I havn't installed ad-blocker on my Droid.
    Has anybody experienced this problem? if so how did you fix it?

2. twkiii

twkiii New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Jason,

I work for Audiogalaxy. What we've found is that "www.audiogalaxy.com" and "audiogalaxy.com" are blocked in the /etc/hosts files that ship with a lot of ROMs.

Audiogalaxy doesn't have any ads, but the hostname we use to communicate with our server is on some old ad blocking lists. We've gotten these cleaned up at the source (eg, MVPS hosts file), but the change hasn't propagated to things like Bugless Beast yet.

If someone could fix this, or point me to the source code, or a bug tracking system where I can file a bug, I would really appreciate it.

3. wingdo

wingdo Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I believe adblock script is enabled by default. There should be a script in the scripts section to disable adblock. You do not need to have adblock installed from the market to block ads.

4. chomorro

chomorro Member

Ratings:
    +1
    You can just run bugless beast disable ad blocker script and it should work for now. You will just have ads in all other apps.

5. Davest

Davest New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How is this done in v.5?? I've tried executing the following in Terminal Emulator:

su
    showads

...and I get a Not Found error. Some of the other scripts run fine, but both of the ad-related scripts are not found.

Search tags for this page

norton blocking audiogalaxy