audiogalaxy music streaming app

br91655

Reaction score
Trying it now from work. Downloaded the Android app then used LogMeIn to connect to my home computer and installed the AG server. The streaming over 3G is excellent! So far I'm impressed. I'd say the music quality is comparable to having the files on the phone's SD.

OP
U

ucpro

Reaction score
Trying it now from work. Downloaded the Android app then used LogMeIn to connect to my home computer and installed the AG server. The streaming over 3G is excellent! So far I'm impressed. I'd say the music quality is comparable to having the files on the phone's SD.

What the heck, I can't even get to the server. You just pulled the app up and you logged in after setting up your server??

br91655

Reaction score
The desktop server is a little lacking. You have to be looged in for it to run. Would be nice if it ran as a service.

OP
U

ucpro

Reaction score
The desktop server is a little lacking. You have to be looged in for it to run. Would be nice if it ran as a service.

its worked flawless so far, i've had it working for about 2 hours now with no lag or buffer problems

willie321

Reaction score
I have been playing with this app today, seems to be real responsive with no lag or buffer problems.

rafe621

Reaction score
Anyone know where / if the music files are stored on the phone? Trying to figure out a way to connect my phone to a computer and play the songs through the speakers

Sent from my PC36100 using DroidForums App

br91655

Reaction score
Just as an FYI, I wrapped the AudioGalaxy executable with an application called NTWrapper. I lets you run ordinary executables as a Windows (in my case Vista) service. To my surprise and delight it worked! That was my biggest beef with the AG server component, having to be logged in to run it.

wil318466

Reaction score
Can't stress how unbelievable this app is. I now can stream every mp3 I have on my home computer to my phone.

Remote log in to my computer at home, get my mp3s I want, play them through my phone.

Bam.

Wow. Can't believe I didn't know about this before.

betaparticledesign

Reaction score
Just as an FYI, I wrapped the AudioGalaxy executable with an application called NTWrapper. I lets you run ordinary executables as a Windows (in my case Vista) service. To my surprise and delight it worked! That was my biggest beef with the AG server component, having to be logged in to run it.

Sorry so late - would you please tell me what settings you used to get this to work? I can add it as a service and it runs but it doesn't work. I must have some setting wrong.

OP
U

ucpro

Reaction score
i don't get it, so u don't have to log into the server to stream all the music?

betaparticledesign

Reaction score
i don't get it, so u don't have to log into the server to stream all the music?

You have to run the app just as usual but you don't have to be logged in for it to run b/c you configure it to run as a service. This is important if you have multiple logins to your windows box. If you are the only one logging into to your computer and it auto-logins at bootup then the audiogalaxy system tray app will run anyway.

OP
U

ucpro

Reaction score
ok so say if i login from my computer, but my buddy gave me the pass to his computer, would it mash all of our music together?