audiobook help

egtea

Reaction score
Can anyone help me? I want to know if it is possible to play DRM protected WMA audiobook files on a droid. The audiobooks are borrowed from my public library's account with Overdrive.com and cannot be converted into MP3 or other file formats and the DRM software cannot be removed or converted because they are library audiobooks. I know I can play MP3's but my library's account is about 95% WMA audiobooks and I really want to listen to them through my phone instead of carrying around multiple devices! I also don't want to buy audiobooks from anywhere--I just want to borrow them for free from my public library. Thanks!

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
A quick search for 'overdrive' at AppBrain.com comes up with the OverDrive Media Console. Have you tried that?

Unfortunately NetLibrary doesn't seem to have a similar app. That's the service my public library uses.

OP
E

egtea

Reaction score
Yes, but sadly the the Overdrive Media Console only works with MP3 audiobook, not WMA audiobooks.

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
Too bad. NetLibrary supports iOS devices, sort of, but only the MP3 files as well. It might be possible to rig some kind of streaming from the WMA player on the computer to the phone. Too much of a headache for me.

Modred189

Reaction score
I am having this same issue as well. After doing some research, it turns out that wma drm is not supported at the os level, and can only be added by google at some later date.

It is not an app issue, it's a google issue.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App