Audio

dopeskwyd

Reaction score
Is it just me or is the audio out from this thing the absolute worst? Super low levels and just awful quality. My Motorolas had amazing sound.

sent from a thing using an app

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I respectfully disagree. I think the sound quality is actually pretty fantastic. WAY better then my Moto Droid 1.
I have some pretty decent headphones, though.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes the phone speaker volume is kind of low but the quality seems ok to me. It doesn't compare though to the Voodoo sound on my old hacked Samsung Fascinate, but that was about the only good thing about that phone. There are sound hacks for the Inc2 if you are rooted.

lddrew

Reaction score
what exactly are those sound hacks?? i'm not talking tiamat kernel to make the earpiece speaker better. is there anything other than DSP manager worth trying to boost quality/cut down on crackle. dsp is doing okay. i've got both earpiece and speaker set to moderate and bass boost enabled on speaker only. seems to be netting best sound results

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
what exactly are those sound hacks?? i'm not talking tiamat kernel to make the earpiece speaker better. is there anything other than DSP manager worth trying to boost quality/cut down on crackle. dsp is doing okay. i've got both earpiece and speaker set to moderate and bass boost enabled on speaker only. seems to be netting best sound results

The hacks I was talking about were tiamat, volume+ in the market https://market.android.com/details?id=com.FREE.android.lvh, and dsp. There is also an eq in stock sense music player. The inc2 cant handle bass well but the fidelity should be good with the bass turned down. There is also this new eq I just downloaded that may help with quality issues https://market.android.com/details?id=com.namakerorin.audiofxwidget

sent from my skyraider inc2

lddrew

Reaction score
thanks for the links man, i might have to give that widget a try. the dsp helped, but i'm still getting speaker crackle when i feel like it shouldn't..

joggy

Reaction score
For the un-rooted, EQ app works pretty good for enhancing the overall sound.

Alchemist945

Reaction score
Will any of these work with the ring tone vol

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using droidForums

evan2001

Reaction score
I have no audio issuez using the stock music app or podtrapper.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using DroidForums

OP
dopeskwyd

dopeskwyd

Reaction score
I had to get back to Moto. Picked up the D3 and the sound from this thing is way more incredible than the...incredible. hardy har har. I don't know what they did to this but im literally hearing new sounds in songs I've been listening to for years. Brilliant audio

sent from a thing using an app

info4tim

Reaction score
This issue is not new, and has been covered in other posts.

As in... "Very common complaint these days with all the new smartphones. They're simply not spending the $$ on the amplification crkts anymore. I bought a $20 ext. Speaker from target a few months ago Works great. "
Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums