1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Audio/Video Not Supported

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by droidvirgin, Sep 10, 2010.

1. droidvirgin

droidvirgin New Member

Hi, I'm not sure if anyone has a similar problem but I recently got the Droid 2 and I could play my music or video one day and then the next day it can't. I would get a message that the audio/video file is not supported by this player. I would turn off the phone, then turn on and it would work again. Not sure if this is a Froyo issue or a Motorola issue. Does anyone know how to resolve or recommend a better app than the stock music player? Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks
  2. Mary614

Mary614 New Member

I have just encountered the same problem. After watching videos through news links (with no problems), I no longer can get any video to play -- and it says the same thing, "video not supported by this player".

But, just now I asked it to play a video, to see if I got the same message, and it told me to update my Flash Player to 10.1.

And -- voila!! -- now it seems to work. Here's the link that explained the updates:

Adobe Flash Player 10.1 device support
Search tags for this page
android media file type not supported

android video not supported

audio file not supported android
file type not supported android
how can i solve the problem of video not supported why is vi
media file type not supported

media file type not supported android

media type not supported android
message video not supported on android
phone says video format not supported