Audio to bluetooth?

jglazer63

Reaction score
I want all audio to go to my earpiece/headset including music and what-not. I can do this on my windows mobile phones under bluetooth settings but cannot find the similar thing on the droid (i have the X if that matters).

Any ideas?

GrillMouster

Reaction score
My understanding is that there are different BT profiles. To get all of the phone's audio (stereo media & phone) to go to your BT headset, that headset needs to support both profiles. For example, I have a Rocketfish (Best Buy) stereo bluetooth headset that I use to listen to media (music & video audio). That headset also includes a tiny microphone hole and can be used as a phone BT headset. When I first paired it to the phone it was listed as a media BT headset and a phone BT device. The problem is that its microphone sucks, so I went to SETTINGS > WIRELESS & NETWORKS > BLUETOOTH SETTINGS. With the headset connected, I long-pressed the headset's name in list of connected/detected devices and selected OPTIONS (by the way this is all on the original Droid; don't know if it's different on the Droid X). In the options menu I de-selected the phone option for that headset. Then I paired up another BT headset that I use exclusively for phone calls, and only in the car, a Plantronics Voyager Pro.

There aren't many single-ear headsets out there that will work for both media & phone, but there are a few. I think Jawbone just came out with one (but I think you need to download some software from them to enable the media function).

Anyway, that's my $0.02.

OP
J

jglazer63

Reaction score
I know that the A2DP profile is, by default, the profie to use for "stereo" bluetooth, but that doesnt mean you cannot port audo in general to the default simple audio profile. I've been doing it for years with my windows mobile phone and this same headset which is NOT A2DP. There has be some shim or something.