Audio out of sync when playing a video

mr_brady

Reaction score
I don't watch movies much on my DX, but just noticed this issue. When I watch the same video on my iMac, it plays fine. When I watch it on my DX, the audio and video are out of sync.

At first I thought it may be because I was underclocked, so I bumped that up - didn't help.

I do have the following mods installed: Liberty Battery Saver, Liberty Anti-Reboot / Freeze Fix, Sysctl settings applied.

Any ideas?

Tim-H

Reaction score
I found that to always be the case with the stock player, even with the stock ROM.

I'd get a quality player from the market. I don't have any suggestions for you though. I haven't watched any videos in a while.

OP
mr_brady

mr_brady

Reaction score
I've tried it with the stock player, Mixzing and Real Player. All with the same result.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

freezyfreaky

Reaction score
I don't watch movies much on my DX, but just noticed this issue. When I watch the same video on my iMac, it plays fine. When I watch it on my DX, the audio and video are out of sync.

At first I thought it may be because I was underclocked, so I bumped that up - didn't help.

I do have the following mods installed: Liberty Battery Saver, Liberty Anti-Reboot / Freeze Fix, Sysctl settings applied.

Any ideas?

I had this same issue. Audio and video were out of sync and got worse if I skipped around to different parts in the movie. I tried overclocking, different video players, etc. Seems like audio out of sync was worst with avi files. Ended up encoding the video H.264 using the following:

Video bitrate: 1500
Frames: same as the source
Audio bitrate: 160
Audo codec: ACC (faac)
Audio Mix: Stereo
Audio Sampling: 44.1

The audio sampling at 44.1 is the most important. Set it any higher and sync issue comes back. That was what solved the audio sync for me. Believe me I googled the crap out of this before I stumbled onto this tip posted by someone (sorry, forgot who it was but thanks!!) on this board.

OP
mr_brady

mr_brady

Reaction score
Just noticed my audio preset was at 48. I'll turn it down to 44.1 and re-encode. Thanks!

Last edited:

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Just as an aside...give RockPlayer in the Market a shot. I use it and I have a mix of .avi and H.264 rips on my phone, and it plays them all accordingly and has no issues of out-of-sync audio/video....

Tim-H

Reaction score
Just as an aside...give RockPlayer in the Market a shot. I use it and I have a mix of .avi and H.264 rips on my phone, and it plays them all accordingly and has no issues of out-of-sync audio/video....

Last time I tried rockplayer it worked well for me too.

OP
mr_brady

mr_brady

Reaction score
Just tried Rockplayer and Arcmedia. Arcmedia didn't recognize my file (m4v), so I couldn't try it out, although I liked the user interface. Rockplayer played the video beautifully... too bad it's UI is pretty boring. Functionality-wise, it works great though.

Thanks for the suggestions.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Just tried Rockplayer and Arcmedia. Arcmedia didn't recognize my file (m4v), so I couldn't try it out, although I liked the user interface. Rockplayer played the video beautifully... too bad it's UI is pretty boring. Functionality-wise, it works great though.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Well, Im somewhat "utilitarian" in everyday life, so a "pretty" app is not my selling point...working properly however ugly, is though....:biggrin:

RockPlayer aint sexy...but it works...kinda like VLC Media Player on PC`s...