Audio dropouts over Bluetooth

MattE303

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
I get intermittent audio dropouts when listening over bluetooth on my S5. They seem totally random, sometimes just once here or there sometimes several within a few seconds of each other. Happens with multiple apps (I use Google Music and PocketCast mostly) and multiple bluetooth devices. This never happened with my previous phone (S3).

Anyone else had this problem? Trying to figure out if its a software thing or if I have a defective bluetooth radio (the phone is only a couple months old).

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
With Bluetooth there are a number of factors: building, interference from other electronics, Bluetooth device, and the phone (obviously). If the location, interference, and device used were the same as with your s3 then it could be the device.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

OP
MattE303

MattE303

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
The problem occurs with multiple Bluetooth devices (I have 2 Kinivo BTC450's that I use in my cars, along with a couple other devices I have tested with). The dropouts occur with all of them, the only common element is the phone.

My S3 (along with the Belkin AirCast F4U037tt that I used in my car) was stolen, so I no longer have those to test with, but the problem never occurred with that combination.