Audio dropouts over Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S5 Discussions' started by MattE303, Jul 11, 2014.

1. MattE303

MattE303 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I get intermittent audio dropouts when listening over bluetooth on my S5. They seem totally random, sometimes just once here or there sometimes several within a few seconds of each other. Happens with multiple apps (I use Google Music and PocketCast mostly) and multiple bluetooth devices. This never happened with my previous phone (S3).

Anyone else had this problem? Trying to figure out if its a software thing or if I have a defective bluetooth radio (the phone is only a couple months old).

2. ukyfan

ukyfan Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +11
    I stream music all day at work & haven't had that issue.

Sent from Big Blue Country

3. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +1,664
    With Bluetooth there are a number of factors: building, interference from other electronics, Bluetooth device, and the phone (obviously). If the location, interference, and device used were the same as with your s3 then it could be the device.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

4. MattE303

MattE303 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    The problem occurs with multiple Bluetooth devices (I have 2 Kinivo BTC450's that I use in my cars, along with a couple other devices I have tested with). The dropouts occur with all of them, the only common element is the phone.

My S3 (along with the Belkin AirCast F4U037tt that I used in my car) was stolen, so I no longer have those to test with, but the problem never occurred with that combination.

Search tags for this page
bluetooth audio dropout android

bluetooth audio dropouts

bluetooth audio dropping out samsung
bluetooth dropout
bluetooth dropout galaxy s5

galaxy s5 bluetooth drops out