Audio auto-pause when headphone jack unplugged

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by zerosignal0, Jul 30, 2010.

1. zerosignal0

zerosignal0 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This bug is driving me ABSOLUTELY CRAZY! I know that the audio quality issue has to due with stagefright which I have modified and now everything sounds great but the no auto-pause thing is just crappy. Basically the main times I am noticing this issue is in pandora,slacker radio and youtube but if anyone has more insight it would be greatly appreciated. Also any word on the auto-pause feature and navi? I still have the issue where the audio stops and doesnt start when using gps as well...

currently on 4.4

2. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    First off, what did you do to stagefright??

Secondly - so the main issue is audio pauses when the headphone jack is unplugged, and you'd rather it keep playing?

3. cdub998

cdub998 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
  4. ChevyNo1

Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks very much - this will be added to the toolset for 4.6

5. Duhman

Duhman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is it possible to choose to use the OpenCore instead of Stagefright when building your ROMs from source? If so, wouldn't that be the best way to get back to better quality.. I mean unless there is an option in Stagefright that can be changed to make it work properly when compiling from source?

6. ChevyNo1

Ratings:
    +5
    I not even see OpenCore in the source anywhere ... so unless it is built separately, I don't see how ...

7. Boofster

Boofster Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I thought this was based on the app used as a music player.

The stock one, Pandora, etc. do pause by default (as most users prefer) but something like MixZing does not.

8. Abadus

Abadus Member

Ratings:
    +2
    With 2.2 mine stopped pausing. Also navigation will pause pandofe but it will not automatically start back up after it is done speaking.

9. zerosignal0

zerosignal0 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Exactly. So like others mentioned I set stagefright to false as it assists with the aac decoding bugs that are being seen in audio streaming apps on 2.2. As for the pausing it is supposed to be based on the apps apparently yet non of them have fixed the issue yet which is kind of making me wonder if maybe it is something in 2.2 that could be tweaked?

10. zerosignal0

zerosignal0 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry for the confusing post but I had come off of a long night shift so what I was thinking wasn't quite making sense while typing. At any rate the issue like I had just mentioned a moment ago is that when the headphone jack is unplugged the default audio behavior should be to pause. In 2.2 with pandora and lots of other media based apps that used to act this way now do not pause when the jack is pulled and keep playing through the speakers.

Seems like a trivial issue but I thought it to be one of the coolest hidden features on the phone tbh...

11. zerosignal0

zerosignal0 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Originally Posted by Duhman [​IMG]
    Originally Posted by ChevyNo1 [​IMG]
    Originally Posted by cdub998 [​IMG]

If you disable stagefright it supposedly fixes AAC decoding for streaming radio.

[FIX] Fix poor AAC streaming performance (Pandora, Slacker, etc) on Froyo - Page 3 - xda-developers

Here is the link so you can read up.

Thanks very much - this will be added to the toolset for 4.6

Is it possible to choose to use the OpenCore instead of Stagefright when building your ROMs from source? If so, wouldn't that be the best way to get back to better quality.. I mean unless there is an option in Stagefright that can be changed to make it work properly when compiling from source?

I not even see OpenCore in the source anywhere ... so unless it is built separately, I don't see how ...

It does make all the difference in the world. Just about every other song I have listened to the last 2 weeks in Pandora has been terrible quality. After doing the fix in build.prop yesterday I have listened to both pandora and slacker for about 3 hours straight with perfect quality. I can also vouch that there was no signal issues at the time of the bad quality playback.

12. ArmoredCavalry

ArmoredCavalry New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know a way to extend the delay between when it 'thinks' the headphones are unplugged, and when it actually auto-pauses? In other words, wait until the connection is gone a full second before auto-pausing.

I use my Droid to listen to tunes in the car, but anytime I go around a turn and it moves a bit, the connection can be lost (cable moving in jack), and pauses.

Easily the most annoying thing I have encountered with my Droid.... :(

13. zezer

zezer New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is a common problem a lot of people have had this issue.. its not from any software its actually the hardware.. some cables don't fit the jack well.. try a heavy duty one in it.. some times this fixes the issue.

14. Abadus

Abadus Member

Ratings:
    +2
    You are running SS 4.5 and yours auto pauses with headphone unplug?

When I unplug mine from my car dock it just blares through the speakers it does not pause. Using Pandora.

15. NattyBee

NattyBee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    sorry if this has been mentioned before but...the only app I've had problems with this on is Slacker...and that has never auto paused when headphones removed--even with Stock Android2.1....Pandora, Music, etc have never given me issues, and still do not...

Search tags for this page
android phone prevent audio from pausing headphones unplugge
autopause when headphones are removed android

disable auto pause android

disable music pause unplugging headphones phone
disable pause headphone remove galaxy s3
galaxy s4 how to turn off pause when headphones unplug
prevent auto pause android
prevent pausing when jack is removed android
s4 headphone unplug delay
turning off auto/stop playback headphone removal\