Audio adapter application

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Does any one know if there is any application out there that might allow me to use my droid as an audio adapter to my car stereo. I want to play my music from my droid in my car but my stereo is only cd and it does not have aux connection. I want to buy an AM/FM transmitter adapter but an app would be much nicer.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

B

bthomp21

What do you mean an app to play to your car stereo? You need a physical device, whether it be a bluetooh, aux cable, or rca cable.

Check the back of your stero, see if there is an open rca cable (red and white) if so, you can purchase a cable that has male rca cable (red, white) on one end and a 3.5mm headphone jack on the other. That is about the only other way minus the FM transmitter which sounds like the only option you have.

Good luck.

OP
Palazuelosva

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
My stereo does have rca connection in the back next to the antenna plug but I thought those where only out put. So you are saying I can connect a male audio rca to the stereo with a male audio jack insert on the other end and play music by connecting my droid. I used to do some thing similar to that when I had amps. I used to grab an rca cable with an ipod connection conversion on the other end and connect it directly to my amp then it would amplify to my speakers but like I said I thought those rca connections on the the stereo where only out put, can they be used as in put too?

mewshi

Reaction score
If they're output, they're output only, generally.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Does any one know if there is any application out there that might allow me to use my droid as an audio adapter to my car stereo. I want to play my music from my droid in my car but my stereo is only cd and it does not have aux connection. I want to buy an AM/FM transmitter adapter but an app would be much nicer.

My car stereo had a CD changer as well. My local car stereo store found a device that connected in between the CD changer and the radio head, and gave me RCA inputs for an auxiliary device, which allowed a mini stereo headphone male plug to stereo RCA male out cable to connect. To use it, I had to keep at least one CD in the changer and when I wanted to listen to the auxiliary device (my Rio Karma at the time), I would select CD Changer, choose the one CD in the changer, set it to repeat play (so it wouldn't shut down), then flick the switch on the adapter and wha-la, I had beautiful FLAC music in my car :icon_ banana:.

Perhaps there is a similar interface on your radio head. Many times, the head has the ability to accept a changer, but it may not have come with it or you might not have paid for the option. That doesn't mean it still can't be bastardized to work.

OP
Palazuelosva

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
I might just end up buying a stereo that has that aux feature I was looking at best buy they have some good ones for around $60.

sent from my Droid 2 using my mind

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I might just end up buying a stereo that has that aux feature I was looking at best buy they have some good ones for around $60.

sent from my Droid 2 using my mind

That's certainly an option. I only went the other route because it was the fully integrated AV system in my car, with Bluetooth so to replace the head would have been a major issue.