Audible.com for Android Beta App Now Available!!!!!!

ldimick

Reaction score
Yep. Audible is FCing. MOre of a time out. Which ROM are you using? I have Cyanogenmod 5.0.7.1

techRob

Reaction score
It's not one of the modded(?) ones.
It's a 2.1 stock rooted (if my wording is right), with a ChevyNo1 kernel. Does that make sense? (sorry, only been rooted for a few days - some of the terms / concepts still confuse me a bit, at least how to exlain 'em)

ldimick

Reaction score
It's not one of the modded(?) ones.
It's a 2.1 stock rooted (if my wording is right), with a ChevyNo1 kernel. Does that make sense? (sorry, only been rooted for a few days - some of the terms / concepts still confuse me a bit, at least how to exlain 'em)

Thanks. That gives me something to work on. This and the Kindle reader are THE two apps I have a hard time living without

techRob

Reaction score
i stand corrected about copying the original files that were downloaded on the PC over to the Droid...it won't work. my .AA files aren't picked up by the Audible app on my Droid (which appears to download ".APX" files).

...very discouraged with the filesize difference :icon_ nono2:

ldimick

Reaction score
i stand corrected about copying the original files that were downloaded on the PC over to the Droid...it won't work. my .AA files aren't picked up by the Audible app on my Droid (which appears to download ".APX" files).

This only works if the original download was in the enhanced format.

techRob

Reaction score

This only works if the original download was in the enhanced format.

Someone posted on the Google Group page that they took the .AA file, copied it to the Audible folder on the Droid, rebooted the phone, and it was playble. Either way...do you know what makes the "enahanced" format enhanced? Seriously...cuz the enhancement doubled the filesize :(

ldimick

Reaction score
"audible has just released a new format called Audible Enhanced Audio. It is stereo, it’s AAC-based, and it sounds great. (It takes up 28.8 MB per hour, so you do need to have quite a bit of room available if you plan to upgrade a lot of books to the new format.) It plays on third and fourth generation iPod Nanos and 6th generation iPod Classics, as well as the iPhone, iPod Touch, Microsoft Zune, and a few other players."

From the National Braille Press

Cynthialea

Reaction score
I got it downloaded and I logged into my account. It only downloaded 4 chapters of my book???

techRob

Reaction score
"audible has just released a new format called Audible Enhanced Audio. It is stereo, it’s AAC-based, and it sounds great. (It takes up 28.8 MB per hour, so you do need to have quite a bit of room available if you plan to upgrade a lot of books to the new format.) It plays on third and fourth generation iPod Nanos and 6th generation iPod Classics, as well as the iPhone, iPod Touch, Microsoft Zune, and a few other players."

From the National Braille Press
Thanks for the info. I guess i coiuld have google'd it, but i was soo freakin' tired last night..lol

Now...I want to know if there's a way to get the other audio's on the Droid. Or at least I would like to see that get added. I'll havta post on the group page later tonight. The quality on the other ones was just fine to me. I got a bunch of mp3s and video files on my memory card, i don't need the double-sized audible files too :( Just sharing my opinion / concern. Others may enjoy it..but c'mon, it's people reading a book, not playing music which has several different octaves(sp?), it doesn't need to be "CD-qlty".

lehman44

Reaction score
Is anybody else having problems with audible remembering the login and password when you have that setting turned on?

techRob

Reaction score
Is anybody else having problems with audible remembering the login and password when you have that setting turned on?
now and then yes. i was actually listening to one today, and it stopped playing because somehow it logged me out. Same with downloading last night (and today). Overall, it didn't happen often, but enough to be a nuisance.

Mentalcaes

Reaction score
check the forums there is a beta app out now but you have to download it online, not in the app store yet. looks good too.