Audible.com for Android Beta App Now Available!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by necromaster, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Diordna

Diordna New Member

Chill? What are you talking about, I was just joking lol
    And that term came about in the early 1990's in gaming and got famous through the internet.

I was already born then lol

And no blaspheming, idk if you're actually serious when you are telling me to chill and idk if you are trying to insult me or what, but I'm pretty chill lol

:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:
  2. Diordna

Diordna New Member

Never heard of silent little words in phrases?
  3. cbushnell

cbushnell New Member

Corinacakes, really sorry you're having trouble with the app. I installed last night. It took about 20 minutes to download the first section of a book over a slow wireless connection. The app is only missing the ability to buy the book and push to the library. I'm in heaven... :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  4. Dreambuilder

Dreambuilder New Member

How do you install it? :unsure:[/quote]

change .zip to .apk
    then put it on your droid sd card
    set droid to take apps from unknown sources (settings-applications)
    then using file manager of some sort i use Androzip find that file click on it to install and boom you have it[/QUOTE]

I am a newbie, how do you change .zip to .apk?
  5. sjkurtz

sjkurtz New Member

I also registered to say thank you. I am an audible addict and I despaired at having to wait until "summer" to add audible to the best phone I have ever owned.

The install was blazing fast and I am 5 minutes into downloading a very large book and expect it to finish soon.

The install was a simple as clicking on to the Groups link under the more link on my Gmail home page.

Then I searched for "audible for android beta" clicked the "Google Groups" button and clicked search again.

The first link that comes up is the right one. I clicked that and used Goggles to scan the bit.ly address for the latest build.

http://bit.ly/b0kD78

Scanning is amazing and just one of the huge improvements over my boring old BlackBerry.

Thanks again!
  6. droiddict

droiddict New Member

I was able to install by clicking on the link in the beta group that sjkurtz posted. Go to settings-->applications-->check to enable unknown sources before clicking on the link.

LOVE this so I will join in the WOOT. Now I just need the Kindle app that should be coming soon.

edited to add that I had to click on the download when it finished and OK the install.
  7. Phillipsave

Phillipsave Member

When I first got my Droid I desperately wanted Audible. Since then, I've started downloading and listening to my favorite talk shows and playing with my Droid, and seem to have lost interest in books. I just successfully downloaded the program, but don't want to listen to any selections any more, sorry Audible, you're just too late.
  8. Gunghoray

Gunghoray New Member

Redeemed, Audible from your BB Fiasco

I installed the app from the BARCODE reader by accident. I found the page in Google Groups and saw the barcode. So I opened my ShopSavvy app, preparing to aim it at the screen to get the app. One second later, before I could aim anything, the app beeped and started to install. Way cool stuff for an old college professor....

The Audible platform is ELEGANT compared to the sophomoric and unbelievably unfriendly app they developed for the BB Storm. With visualizations, stats, skip back, and effortless bookmarks, this "out of the blocks" app is light years ahead of the final BB build.

Well done so far, Audible. Still a few hiccups, but no deal breakers.
  9. techRob

techRob New Member

Got it installed - not a single problem.

What I've learned thus far from it:
    1) 3G will take FOREVER to download some of these! lol (i'm sure ya'll know that tho)
    2) The audio files are just dropped in an "Audible" folder on the sdcard (along with other Audible files - that bothers me..i'm a neat freak, it's disorganized).
    3) The files downloaded to the phone are TWICE AS PHRACKIN' BIG as the ones I had previously downloaded to my computer!

Why are the files so big!? I have "Rogue Warrior Detachment Bravo" on my computer, it's about 43MB. According to Audible on my phone, the download - for the exact same file, is 88MB. Why / how would audible do that?!

My two gripes so far:
    1) Obviously the file size (as noted above)
    2) I want to set my own directory / folder for the audio files to be downloaded to (i want all my audio in the same area...catergorized - so there would be an "audiobooks" folder) :D

i know it's a beta..but thats my wishlist at this point :) Oh! and it would be nice to just transfer my already downloaded files from my pc to my droid - but i know it's not setup that way)

:::EDIT:::
    Okay, so a file copy from the PC may be possible apparently. The one thing I was unaware of trying, was rebooting the phone - doesn't make any sense to have to reboot the phone...but what do i know :mellow:
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  10. ldimick

ldimick New Member

Any of you rooted and using app2sd? If so, what are you running? I am and I am getting FCs.
  11. techRob

techRob New Member

rooted yes...app2sd no. What's FC'g? Audible?
  12. ldimick

ldimick New Member

Yep. Audible is FCing. MOre of a time out. Which ROM are you using? I have Cyanogenmod 5.0.7.1
  13. techRob

techRob New Member

It's not one of the modded(?) ones.
    It's a 2.1 stock rooted (if my wording is right), with a ChevyNo1 kernel. Does that make sense? (sorry, only been rooted for a few days - some of the terms / concepts still confuse me a bit, at least how to exlain 'em)
  14. ldimick

ldimick New Member

Thanks. That gives me something to work on. This and the Kindle reader are THE two apps I have a hard time living without
  15. techRob

techRob New Member

i stand corrected about copying the original files that were downloaded on the PC over to the Droid...it won't work. my .AA files aren't picked up by the Audible app on my Droid (which appears to download ".APX" files).

...very discouraged with the filesize difference :icon_ nono2:
  16. ldimick

ldimick New Member

This only works if the original download was in the enhanced format.
  17. techRob

techRob New Member

Someone posted on the Google Group page that they took the .AA file, copied it to the Audible folder on the Droid, rebooted the phone, and it was playble. Either way...do you know what makes the "enahanced" format enhanced? Seriously...cuz the enhancement doubled the filesize :(
  18. ldimick

ldimick New Member

"audible has just released a new format called Audible Enhanced Audio. It is stereo, it’s AAC-based, and it sounds great. (It takes up 28.8 MB per hour, so you do need to have quite a bit of room available if you plan to upgrade a lot of books to the new format.) It plays on third and fourth generation iPod Nanos and 6th generation iPod Classics, as well as the iPhone, iPod Touch, Microsoft Zune, and a few other players."

From the National Braille Press
  19. Diordna

Diordna New Member

The OP's link doesn't work for me
  20. Cynthialea

Cynthialea New Member

I got it downloaded and I logged into my account. It only downloaded 4 chapters of my book???
Search tags for this page
android audible app
audiable.apk
audible .apk

audible apk

audible apk download

audible beta test
audible enhanced audio, aax app

audible.apk

razr maxx hd audiblecom
s4 audible app
soundtaxi apk