audible alerts for incoming emails

jtsnake71

Reaction score
Hello all! First ever post, but long time reader. Please be gentle, lol! For some reason all of a sudden, I'm getting an audible response telling me that I have 1 new email, 2 new emails, etc. Am I just missing something here? I can't seem to find the setting that controls this. Any help would be appreciated. This is driving me nuts, lol! Thank you!

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
You want to get rid of the sound or the notifications? Sound would be settings - sound and you should see a volumes option.

If you want the notifications gone open the app and go to settings and disable them or make them longer intervals.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
J

jtsnake71

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. But if I turn the notification volume all the way down, I will not receive audible notifications. That's what's puzzling, this just started in the last couple of days. I haven't modified one single setting leading up to this.

OP
J

jtsnake71

Reaction score
Doesn't matter what I do, still keeps sounding loud and clear; 1 new email, 2 new emails, etc. Has anyone run into this?

Mookie

Reaction score
Mine does weird stuff like this a lot. It will start reading my texts to me while not on driving mode. It started randomly playing music today. I just restart it and it usually fixes it. It also hid my mike button for talk to text. Had to restart to get it back.

When I sneeze it skips to the next song. When I shut the door it pauses. When I say pause it does nothing. As much as I love this phone it has gremlins.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Make sure talk back is turned off under settings accessibility..

《Take Note2 BK's here..》

OP
J

jtsnake71

Reaction score
I appreciate all the help. I believe I have solved it. I somehow had driving mode clicked on and that was causing the problem. Can't believe I overlooked that. Thanks again for all the help.