Auburn University Themed HTC IME

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by PetRiLJoe, Jun 27, 2010.

1. PetRiLJoe

PetRiLJoe New Member

***UPDATE***
    POST #6 Has the download link for the APK file (input keyboard) for the version you see in the screenshots in this post (POST #1)
    Link to POST #6 for download: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/54918-auburn-university-themed-htc-ime.html#post818844
    ***UPDATE***

War Eagle!
    Auburn Tigers themed keyboard.
    This was themed using "gimpsta"s website which uses presets and/or custom uploaded images!

I searched for an official logo, official logo colors, and used a color picker to try to get the exact color of the official logo colors in RBG format, then converted those RBG numbers into hexadecimal numbers for use on gimpstas site because he needs hexadecimal numbers for colors. These colors were used so the logo's translucent background matches the blue internal colors of the logo, and for the custom colored function buttons to match to the best I can.

I made several keyboards with different images and themes using "gimpsta"s website, testing each of them, and finally decided this was the best one. I can and will provide screenshots of the other keyboards along with APK files on request, however I will be providing the one I like the most first. I don't think we have a lot of Auburn people on these forums but I've seen at least two people in the area of Auburn, so this might interest someone! I got tired of seeing only bits of the logo with the blue ABC keys so I left the function keys blue and QWERTY-ABC keys translucent, because with white letters it is easy to read and still matches colors.

vertical
    [​IMG]
    and landscape
    [​IMG]

Going to edit this post as soon as I host this, but I must tell you this:

I made it v27 High Res Froyo!

That means if you want the other, I will provide you the instructions and exact number details for colors, and original files to upload, or simply make it for you as a different version, or you can't have it I guess :p

*EDIT* .ZIP files are accepted as attachments on this thread but my upload failed without a reason why, therefore I will be looking for some other host that does not have annoying BS ads and popups before I host it. In the mean time, forward the request for the file to the email you see in the screenshot and I will attach the .APK file to the reply I send!

After install, go to your system settings (Home screen, menu button, settings) then "Language and Keyboard" then ENABLE (CHECKBOX!) "HTC_IME mod", go through all the awesome settings and additional hacks that make it a sweet keyboard, and the next textbox you find you have to type in click and hold inside of the textbox and click "Input Method" then switch your input method to "HTC_IME mod". A quick way to get to a text box to type in from ANY place or program on your Moto Droid is to just the often ignored physical (but flat) "search" button in the bottom right of your phone (when the phone is slid closed)
  2. WAHarris

WAHarris New Member

War Eagle! I just moved from Auburn a couple of months ago. It is good to see some Auburn support on the forums.
  3. scubabyrt

scubabyrt New Member

im having trouble gettin this on my phone, please help
  4. bassrunner67

bassrunner67 New Member

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!! I would love to have this
  5. PetRiLJoe

PetRiLJoe New Member

Until I'm allowed to post ZIP or APK files as attachments you can't get this file... I don't know how you obtained this file to put it on your phone in the first place since you didn't email me. I'm sorry I can't help you further in putting this on your phone unless you email my at my user name PetRiLJoe AT gmail DOT com . I can attach the file there because Google Mail allows me to attach files up to 10mb in size to the email.

The reason for emailing me is so that I can get your email. If you don't mind your email being publicly displayed then reply here with your email, or a junk email, or one of those emails from a temporary email website, and I'll mail it as an attachment.

War Eagle!

It's a ZIP file, please unzip the file then install the APK. Do not rename .ZIP to APK because it is actually an APK file compressed within a ZIP. Thanks.

***UPDATE***
    Since I accidentally posted this version of the keyboard that I did not like, I went ahead and posted the last version that I did like in post #6. And because I didn't remove this version I figured I would install it and take a couple screenshots for you guys to decide if you like this version anyway. I figured someone else might like it more, so I kept it. It is a very similar version only the background is a lot harder to see, but that makes it a little more subtle. The logo on the spacebar is still easily visible, and the colors still match.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. PetRiLJoe

PetRiLJoe New Member

Newer Version

This should be the latest version of the AU themed keyboard.

The one I uploaded previously was an older version, you may still like it, but I prefer this one! The one in attached to THIS thread is the one I took the screenshots with. I am not sure how the other one looks, only that it was an older test version that I wasn't as pleased with so I kept trying until I got this one.

Android\Froyo\APK Keyboards\HTC_IME_hires_Froyo_JosephAUTest3.zip

I'm sorry for the inconvenience if you downloaded the previous one and did not like it. I have not made a modified version after the one in this post.

It's a ZIP file, please unzip the file then install the APK. Do not rename .ZIP to APK because it is actually an APK file compressed within a ZIP. Thanks.

Attached Files:

Search tags for this page
auburn
auburn incredible mail
auburn keyboard theme
auburn theme for android
auburn tigers skin for android incredible
auburn wallpaper for android

auburn wallpaper for droid

auburn wallpaper for htc one s
cases for samsung galaxy s3 with auburn theme
droid 4 auburn