Attn: Attn bugless people

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Se7enLC, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Se7enLC

Se7enLC New Member

I would reply to this thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/50596-attn-bugless-people.html but it's closed.

While I agree with trying to consolidate threads, there is something to be said for having separate threads for separate issues, especially when:

A). Threads get really long and when they persist for weeks at a time, the first 40 pages are now outdated and incorrect.
    B). The Original Post in the thread is not being edited to keep track of issues and resolutions, so the only way to know about an issue is to either read all 150 pages of "me too" or post a new comment at the end that has already been posted 100 times. Seriously, take a look at the first post on the BB Froyo Issues Thread - it's just some random question about what kernel to use.

I like seeing single-purpose threads. If a thread starts out with "BB Froyo Maps Issue", people can easily search for and find out the current state of installing maps. AND they can easily see that it is a bug in the first place, rather than have it get rolled into the MegaThread where it will disappear and be posted about 100 times. If a thread is unused, it will stop getting replies and roll off into nothing, like it should.

Yes, it is possible to search within a thread, but it is tedious and it's hard to keep track of the flow when there are 10 different topics being interleaved.
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  2. five5

five5 New Member

100% agreed this specific forum is only for bugless you can spread it out a little more...
  3. elohel

elohel New Member

I believe the real problem is not having an official bug tracking system where people may send bug tracking issues to and where they may be moderated properly.
  4. ci2019

ci2019 New Member

Amen.............
  5. sst45jeff

sst45jeff Member

Yes you are correct I have always thought the same & wondered why it is done the way it is currently.