Attn: all themers new ADW theme Template FTW

OP
bgill55

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
yea, i kno that, but this is for extra icons. I'm trying to add as many icons as i possibly can to a theme so it's complete. lol.... now i'm just bouncing the icons i have left to the wiki list to make sure i made all the icons that i need. What a PITA!! haha

Amen!!! Did I tell you I hate Icons!!!!!

DroidBlazer00

Reaction score
yea, i kno that, but this is for extra icons. I'm trying to add as many icons as i possibly can to a theme so it's complete. lol.... now i'm just bouncing the icons i have left to the wiki list to make sure i made all the icons that i need. What a PITA!! haha

Amen!!! Did I tell you I hate Icons!!!!!

haha! yea, I think i remember you saying something about that! lol

DroidBlazer00

Reaction score
Here's my latest look...

newscreen2.jpg

DroidBlazer00

Reaction score
yea, it came out decent.. i'm trying to think of something totally different tho, and that's hard to do with all the themes out there already. lol

tigerec

Reaction score
Help me get started please. [ADW Theme Template]

Hey guys. I'm trying to setup eclipse so that I can start designing my own theme for ADW Launcher. But I'm getting lost in these instructions. Some issues I have is packagenames, manifestxml and previewing my theme as i design it.
somehow I managed to get the emulator running and some of the png files in the theme template, but when I did a test and changed the color of an image, I assumed it would reflect in the emulator.

Also, is it easier to just design the whole screen in photoshop and slice it up into the smaller files? If so what are the dimensions of some of the elements. I need some guidance, **** - I don't have much, but I'll donate to someone who can get me up and running.

Tobb555

Reaction score
So I have a question. Ive asked on Rootswiki, XDA and Stack Overflow. No one can or will help me with this. I cant for the life of me figure out how to edit the shader.xml file for ADW.Launcher. I renamed it from noshader to shader and it make the icons rainbow colored. How can I edit the file to make all the icons the same color. For example the stock code makes the Dolphin Icon go from green to blue. But it would make another color say red. I've tried playing around with the code but it either makes the icons disappear or makes then look black and white and just plain ****ty. LoL. If anyone would be willing to help me I would forever be in your debt.

Last edited:

AndroidTheme

Reaction score
Hey. I use latest ADW template and i think i discovered an issue. Im unable to change icons for Launcher Actions (custom shorcut) and I have no problem with other shortcuts create.

Problem is: I create custom shorcut/Launcher Actions/Open close app drawer/ for example
I can pick an icon from my icon_pack but when i click "ok" I got default (circle with dots) icon on screen. There is no issue when I pick icon from other (other theme) icon pack.
Any ideas?