Attn: all themers new ADW theme Template FTW

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
sneaky, you might be getting the "install location" error if you changed the sdk version when loading existing project in Eclipse. It should be set for Android 2.2 when you load the project.

but if i build it with api level 8 (2.2 platform) then devices running anything lower then 2.2 wont beable to install it.

DroidBlazer00

Reaction score
oh, yea that makes sense. cuz i downloaded the entire Icognito Red shadow ROM and was like wtf.. haha

OP
bgill55

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
sneaky, you might be getting the "install location" error if you changed the sdk version when loading existing project in Eclipse. It should be set for Android 2.2 when you load the project.

but if i build it with api level 8 (2.2 platform) then devices running anything lower then 2.2 wont beable to install it.

I say Screw them ahahaha jk

DroidBlazer00

Reaction score

Sneaky, I'm running 2.1 and i'm using the 2.2 settings and it's fine. I dont have the capabilities to test anything older than 2.1 tho.

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score

yeah but when i look at your adw theme the api is still at 4 (1.6) so even you figured it out or i looked at it wrong

DroidBlazer00

Reaction score

yeah but when i look at your adw theme the api is still at 4 (1.6) so even you figured it out or i looked at it wrong

yea, that's right sneaky, you keep the xml set at api 4 but when you intially setup the existing project make sure it is 2.2 api8

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
but then you get a warning of the 2 not matching. i didnt try to export it with that warning, so your saying it will export with the warning,ill have to try that. i just assumed it would not export if i had that warning,lol interesting

OP
bgill55

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
but then you get a warning of the 2 not matching. i didnt try to export it with that warning, so your saying it will export with the warning,ill have to try that. i just assumed it would not export if i had that warning,lol interesting

Warnings you can live with Errors You cant!!!

DroidBlazer00

Reaction score

yea if the warning is just the yellow exclamation mark, it'll export it just fine.

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
thank you guys, guess i should have tried to export it instead of jumping to conclusions