ATTENTION!!! Upgrade your phone now!!!

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I decided to write this post to give praise to a fallen giant and to give accolade to the new kid on the block.

First, I have had my Droid 1 since last year. It was a wonderful love affair. I rooted her immediately and have always been running custom roms. Some with great praise and a few with utter dismay. It was not until this month that I realized that it was going to be time to upgrade. I blame Motorola because the released the Droid 1 with only 256mb of memory for apps and today that is entirely to little. Had they matched the Nexus 1 with 512mb of memory, I would still be sporting my Droid 1. My last rom was Ultimate Droid 8 and my phone had never run smoother and I always had over 100mb of memory, even with the 90+ apps I had on the phone. But much like when I sold my wife's HTC Eris to get her the Droid Incredible, I was left feeling that my phone was going to be an antique and therefore would not have any value on the market to be recouped when it was time to sell and upgrade.

So when the Samsung Fascinate came out I decided to test that phone and the Droid X. I really liked both phones, but decided to go with what I know and trust in a maker that created an outstanding product. Needless to say I went with the wait and the Droid X. No disrespect to the Samsung Fascinate, all of the newer Android phones on Verizon are great (Fascinate, Incredible, D2 and X).

I rooted my Droid X immediately and even bricked it while trying to load Froyo 2.2, which was a great learning experience cause now I know I can bring the Droid x back from the dead. I have even installed the best theme for any Droid device 928's Black Glass. The Droid X offers so much as a phone and media center. The ability to play movies in your gallery on your TV, an 8 mega mega pixel camera, 720p video recording and a host of other options.

I state this to say that I was one of the people that was dead set against upgrading now and keeping my Droid 1, but IMO I feel that the Droid 1 is going to wind up at Eris status very soon. That may be why Asuron is not carrying the phone any more and Verizon is sending out D2's to customers that are experiencing a host of replacements or problems with their D1s. So do not wait, if you have an upgrade do it and get the Droid X, you will not regret it.

FYI - With reports from Best buy's internal document stating that no LTE phones are coming this year, that is another perfect reason to upgrade now.

dolpns13

Reaction score
I guess ur kinda stuck if your not due for an upgrade.. I have no complaints about my droid

Rsswga

Reaction score
i would upgrade but i have got 10 months before i can upgrade..i dont have $569 laying around to go on a phone

Jmart922

Reaction score
its good to hear that you are satisfied with your droid x purchase, I have a free upgrade to use but I'm just holding out for whatever might come out in a month or two, upgrading would be nice but I can't shake that desire to get that bgr leaked htc phone

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
its good to hear that you are satisfied with your droid x purchase, I have a free upgrade to use but I'm just holding out for whatever might come out in a month or two, upgrading would be nice but I can't shake that desire to get that bgr leaked htc phone

+1 :D I have the droid X on the way (God only knows when :cus:) but I've saved my upgrade for the above or w/e :D :icon_ banana:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am saving my upgrade until I find the device that (as my wife would say) "throws me out of my chair" :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I guess ur kinda stuck if your not due for an upgrade.. I have no complaints about my droid

Call Verizon and ask what they can do for you. You might be surprised. And the call is free.