Attention music lovers... sync app suggestions plz

kmcgill88

Reaction score
I'm looking to sync my Droid with my iTunes playlists. I have a respectable library and would rather not install a new program just for my Droid and then redo all playlists.

What's a simple reliable app???

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

motoconvert

Reaction score
You should just be able to drop and drag using USB. I just did that with all my iTunes music...

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums App

OP
K

kmcgill88

Reaction score
You drag and drop the entire playlist from iTunes? What folder do you put it in? That seems almost to simple. That drag n drop method doesn't transfer the music too does it? I know mediamonkey is compatible with droids to sync.

Any other suggestions out there?

motoconvert

Reaction score
You drag and drop the entire playlist from iTunes? What folder do you put it in? That seems almost to simple. That drag n drop method doesn't transfer the music too does it? I know mediamonkey is compatible with droids to sync.

Any other suggestions out there?

Swear! I just put it in my music folder...have 200+ songs...probably more but I'm being modest...lol

zero7404

Reaction score
i also use itunes agent, but it's limitations are that it cannot truely transfer itunes playlists onto the device. so all the customization that you made to your tags/playlists cannot be transferred.

you create a playlist in itunes where you will put all the music you want to go to the phone, then use itunes agent to transfer the music. but once on the device, if you want to reproduce your customized play orders/playlists, you will need to do that manually on the device. in order to play an album in correct track order you must be in album view, long press on the album and press play.

lastly, go to the market and get yourself cover art downloader, it will get all the artwork that doesn't appear automatically.

when compared to an ipod, android phones are lacking, but so far it's good enough for me. maybe someone will come forth with a better app or software to integrate playlists and extended metadata supported by itunes/ipods.

EDIT: tunesync can do what you're looking for, but it's a paid app. i wouldn't mind spending the 5$ because it copies the playlist verbatim with album art, and can do it via wifi.

Last edited:
OP
K

kmcgill88

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to sync via media monkey with their Droid? I'd be interested in hearing about your experience.

Thanks for the posts guys ill take a look @ the agent too.

Cheers

zero7404

Reaction score
i am actually impressed with tunesync ... and i'm not usually impressed easy.
so i decided to buy it. i just synced 6.2GB of music via wifi and it took 1.5 hrs.

i like how it preserves the track and disc order when you select an album (short press, not long press). and now i have verbatim itunes playlists on my android phone .... sweet