ATTENTION LWP Gurus.... HELP Please...What am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by GeneRs, Apr 26, 2010.

1. GeneRs

GeneRs Member

Ratings:
    +0
    FULL DISCLOSURE.... I did not create the LWP bases that I am trying to modify. I got them from this forum somewhere and like the colors of the streaks running thru. Thought they would look great with some Spiderman backgrounds. If you recognize them as yours, I hope you don't mind me playing with them. If you do, let me know and I will have a moderater remove this thread.

That being said, I followed the great tutorial by jbg25 : http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/30188-how-modify-your-live-wallpapers-background.html. I edited my PNG file to be the within the size limits of the pyramid_background.png. ( No easy task as I have never used photo shop before. I always used Paint and it is so much simpler but doesnt offer transparencies etc... )

I do not understand the whole hex editing thing so I left the Nexus RS file alone. Why would I touch it when I already like the colors of the Nexus streaks?

Anyways, I load the .png, repackage as update.zip and fire up recovery. It loads the LWPs but when I select the Nexus one, I get a black screen and force close message. If I use root explorer, the background is there. What am I doing wrong, Is there some sort of transparency issue that I have wrong? I loaded the image with no transparencies.

I'm attaching the original update and my modified zip. I would be thankful if someone could take some time to compare the two and possibly tell me what I am doing wrong. I have been working on this project for a week. I'm no tech dummie and don't expect people to just "Do it for me" I love learning this kind of stuff. I am,however, smart enuff to know when to ask for help so.... HEEEEEEELP.

And...If you do figure out what I did wrong. If you take the time to fix it, that would be great, But, don't just fix it for me without telling me what I did wrong and how to correct it next time. Thank you all in advance for your help.

Attached Files:

2. alm0614

alm0614 Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    my guess would be you didnt maintain the original image size/dimensions

3. rotordroid

rotordroid Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I was having the same issue and here's what worked for me:

Edit the png in Gimp.
    Save the file as a jpg
    change the file extension to png and drag it back into the apk or zip file

4. marty4short

marty4short Member

Ratings:
    +0
    you probably need to change the size different roms have different sizes like the first post mentioned

5. GeneRs

GeneRs Member

Ratings:
    +0
    PERFECT!! That suggestion solved my problem. Who'd have thought it would be as simple as changing the file extension. Thank you a TON!! I now have a super cool Green Goblin LWP!! YAAAAAAY. :icon_ banana: