Attention Fellow Shooters

Cooly1911

Reaction score
There is a program on the net called "On Target", a free trial can be found at Home Page. Its a very easy to use ballistics program, excellent for target shooters and hunters. Especially if your wanting to push your effective range.
So my question is: Is there any way to use this program with the Android OS? Can it be "ported" like a game? I would love to use this on my Droid R2D2 instead of taking my laptop to the range. Always have a hell of a time seeing the screen on the laptop anyway.

Thanks Guys!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Best chance is to email the developer.

rtfield

Reaction score
Have you tried Shooter? Its in the market. Full ballistics app.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
Cooly1911

Cooly1911

Reaction score
Yes, I emailed the developer. I got back a quick and short response. He said the Market isn't big enough to support the development. Which I interpret as "I don't know how". Bummer, I like the little app on my PC.

I just bought Shooter and will give it a look shortly.

I love calling in coyotes, but sometimes they hang up along way out! A quick and easy app on my Droid could be very handy. Taking a Laptop in the field hunting is out of the question, LOL.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Im not sure what all your program does, but if your looking to input your bullet bc, weight, speed, etc and want a quick drop chart, this would be pretty quick. I havent tried it on my phone, but I use it all the time on the comp. Just a simple web page.

External Ballistics Calculator

OP
Cooly1911

Cooly1911

Reaction score
I got the shooter program, I need to spend some time with it, but I think that should work great. Once I get the correct info for the gun i'm taking, it looks quick and easy.

That web page is neat. But getting service out in the sticks isn't reliable. However using it to double check other software when testing ammo would be quick and easy.

Thanks guys!

mikeeg02

Reaction score
The other alternative, is to make drop charts for each rifle out to as far as your comfortable shooting, save them as a picture, and put it on your phone. No service required. If your reloading, then your bc, barrel speed etc should be pretty consistant. Meaning you would know your clicks for every yardage. When Ive gone to shooting competition, I keep record of clicks per distance, and even on a per range basis. As some seem to be off by a few clicks. Range depending, believe it or not. (Maybe they measure 1,3,500 yards different then each other)

OP
Cooly1911

Cooly1911

Reaction score
That's a very good idea, thanks. Along that line a guy might make a quick chart using quick office, color note, adobe etc. Which again would be fast to bring up.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Haha yea, sometimes I forget these phones can handle excel documents etc. Im used to making screenshots and sending them to my phone lol

Raptor007

Reaction score
Good find, I will add shooter to my D2G so when I am at the range again I can use it.

OP
Cooly1911

Cooly1911

Reaction score
Last night I traded a Springfield TRP and some cash for a 50 BMG. I may need to find a longer range, soon....... So I can put these apps to the test.

OP
Cooly1911

Cooly1911

Reaction score
Good find, I will add shooter to my D2G so when I am at the range again I can use it.

If you get to the range before me, please post something. I'm very curious how these apps and ideas will work. Soon as I can I'll do the same. Hopefully, weather permitting, I can do some shooting this weekend.