Attention Droid Incredible Update.

Tidus316

Reaction score
I went to Verizon today to ask them about the Droid Incredible Shutting down issue(didn't need to since Bestbuy just replaced the phone), anyway they let me know that the receive new firmware upgrade today that mite help. they did tell me that it fixed keyboard lag and stuff like that.

I would suggest you guys go to your nearest Verizon wireless center with techs. so that you get this update. THESE UPDATE CANNOT BE DOWNLOADED USING *228

My Phones Software info now says

Firmware version
2.1 upate1

Software

PRI
1.28_002

PRL

Eri

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Android phones get their updates OTA through the OS.

My software information says the same exact thing, and I bought it on the 30th of last month.

You have been duped by the Verizon techs, my friend.

Last edited:
OP
T

Tidus316

Reaction score
I understand that but take it to verizon and they also have an update for it, Verizon is known for doing this they did updates like this before only they could do with my LG Dare. besides its free wont help to ask them

Last edited:

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Its apparent you didn't read my post and/or look at my screenshot. An update would not have the same version numbers as before.

R1Lover

Reaction score
It kills me that they will laet any kid be a verzion employee.... the majority of these guys and gals working there don't know jack about what is really going on.

Most of them are only there to sell you something do they can make their commission..... nothing more.

Do not believe what you have been told by a verizon employee..... check the site here first if you have any questions.

OP
T

Tidus316

Reaction score
whatever they didnt sell me anything, im sorry for trying to help people out with their phone.... cause it seems you guys arent able to do or say anything about lagging keyboards and the random shut off.

Reaction score
whatever they didnt sell me anything, im sorry for trying to help people out with their phone.... cause it seems you guys arent able to do or say anything about lagging keyboards and the random shut off.

First off stop being ignorant and read. Android phones update ota (over the air). Older phones, like the lg dare, did not have ota updates so if a software or firmware update came out, which was rare, you had to go to verizon to get it.

Second jsut because someone sold you on something it doesnt mean you paid anything. Though i would say you lost your time.

Third you are on a Droid forum, thus it pertains to primary the motorola droid (notice the pics all over the site?) Though yes there is an incredible section and there are a bit of people who have em, most of the more "tech savy" people still have the droid cause it was there first. dancedroid
Fourth you are asking what ive been reading all around, the ota update for the incredible came out days after the phone released. As far as i know its still not fully known or confirmed what exactly the update did or fixed as Verizon is being hush about it and Verizon reps in most cases know less then the average user on here.

Most people into technology have had smart phones for many years by now, and before you say it the lg dare was NOT a smart phone. Seems the majority getting them now are the poor nerds, or mostly the people who think the phone looks shiny when looking to upgrade.

Last edited:

kmo

Reaction score
Hey, all I can say is thanks for Forums like this that you can actually get some solid info. I've been told so many "stories" by so called "Verizon Techs" I have a hard time believing anything they tell me, haha. Doing your own research pays off in the end... :)

ChansteR

Reaction score
Speaking of the update, I got the new update just now.

I am now running at 1.22.605.2

DJxEDxD

Reaction score
Hmm quite puzzling my PRL Version number is 51827. Did i not get something or maybe not all of it???

griswolds53

Reaction score
I recieved notification of my OTA this morning...when i tried to update, I got an error message telling me that it could not perform the update and restarted. Now it i have no update notification, and no update. My question is...will it come back again, or can i force it somehow to come back? thanks peeps.

Reaction score
i got an update the other day. it turned my droid [with a terrible camera] into a droid with a great camera LOL

tik07

Reaction score
How do I know my Inc. Droid had update? where do I check it?