Attempting to root, not having any luck

ashclepdia

Reaction score
I still have some learning to do......... I rooted the phone and am running GB 2.3.3, which is not bad for 14 HOURS OF READING AND FREAKING OUT ALL DAY LONG!! LMAO,....... it works........ I will worry about what to do next tomorrow.

Thanks guys....... I really appreciated the learning experience and we will be chatting again tomorrow.

Next thing to do = making a nandroid backup. Easy to do and will save u a TON of trouble if u make a mistake later and wanna come back to this point in time.

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
Next thing to do = making a nandroid backup. Easy to do and will save u a TON of trouble if u make a mistake later and wanna come back to this point in time.

Ash Makes A Great Point, You Can Never Have Too Many Nandroid Backups. I Do A Backup Every Time Before I Try Anything New. It's A Healthy Habit To Get Into. Awesome To Hear Everything Worked Out.

OP
L
Reaction score
Ok, after some considerable research this morning and stumbling across so many sites and forums that says it cannot be done yet (there is even a thread on this forum) I am ready to ask the question.......... How to Nandroid Backup my X2? Found a bunch of stuff for the X1, as we all know I came closer than I wanted to bricking my phone last night due to missreading something I found on Google (thanks to whoever recommended Google). Just looking for a link, or the process.

03civicdx

Reaction score
Open the bootstrap app you used to flash the 2.3.3 with and enter the system recovery just like you did then and you'll see it in that menu.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

ashclepdia

Reaction score
Open the bootstrap app you used to flash the 2.3.3 with and enter the system recovery just like you did then and you'll see it in that menu.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Yes..what he said..press install recovery. Then plug in phone. Press recovery mode. Once in bootstrap go to backup/restore option press power. The backup. I usually put mine on external sd card. Then wait for it to finish the procedure. Then to double check after u reboot go into your file manager and look at sd card. Should he a file ckockworkmod. Inside that it will have backup and on that the date u made the backup. With all ur system info

ashclepdia

Reaction score
Will do, thanks guys.

Although this gives u a a way to get back ti where u are right now if u do something that wont allow ur phone to boot u may not be able to load ur backup until after u sbf and root again to be able to use bootstrap to load

Someone correct me if I am mistaken please.

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
Clockworkmod Is Clockworkmod And I Haven't Seen It Change On Any Platform.

The Topic Of Nandroid You CANNOT Cross Between Versions. 2.2.2->2.3.3 Or 2.3.3->2.2.2
Your Nandroid Will Only Work If Both Versions Match.

OP
L
Reaction score
I am backing up files now. Theoretically if my phone were to crash, haw do you get back to the bootstrap to load the backup, would that be a job for RSDLite?

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
I am backing up files now. Theoretically if my phone were to crash, haw do you get back to the bootstrap to load the backup, would that be a job for RSDLite?

Turn Phone Off. Have Your Charger Plugged Into The Wall Then Plug Your Phone Into The Charger And Wait Until The Clockworkmod Screen To Appear.