Attachment Too Large...

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by Rishi P, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Rishi P

Rishi P New Member

I've seen this many times before everytime I recieve an email through my yahoo app and I just figured there's no away around this.....or is there??

and its only for bigger files, smaller files i am fine with
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  2. MysticalDreams

MysticalDreams Member

IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
    I could be wrong on this but I think it is the yahoo mail client. There are very few mail servers that will accept larger attachments. I know Gmail does and the other one I use is attached to my website so I have full control over the size I will allow it to take.

So the way around it, send larger files thru gmail
  3. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

^+1 I still can't figure out why people use Yahoo or Hotmail... their interfaces suck and they don't have nearly the features (do either of them even use IMAP yet??)... not to mention IT'S A GOOGLE PHONE, lol. But then I didn't use hotmail when I was on WinMo so....
  4. maderschramm

maderschramm Member

My attachments get to big for google as well. I've switch to cloud hosting or google docs which has an even higher upload limit that the actual gmail service.
  5. Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge New Member

I have trouble sending more than 3 pictures thru gmail....it locks my phone up,have to clear cache,and uninstall gmail and reinstall it/sync it to get it to work again,this happened at least 10x since ive been with droids and google.......also Im not happy with the delay in Gmail when using the android phone...on the PC it is fine,it can take 20 minutes to send a small simple email on the phone...the yahoo app is much better for me for sending large pics or videos...and neither one will let you send more than a 12 second video in HD.....or a 30 sec in reduced quality...overall the mail clients leave a lot to be desired,IMO. When i was renting my appt,I was sending pics to potential renters,and it was a nightmare,taking 20 minutes to send 20 pictures....in small groups,resized...you cant send the next set until the first one is out of the outbox,and in the sent folder or it freezes...
  6. maderschramm

maderschramm Member

I've had nothing but success so that seems odd to me. Maybe you should try the k-9 mail client. I liked that one a lot as well.
  7. Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge New Member

I tried K9,it didnt seem to help any (didnt hurt either),so i removed it,since you ended up with an extra set of everything and having to clear everything twice... Problem is worse with my DXI think due to the 8MP camera,with my work,I often need to send high quality photos several times a day.....this is my biggest beef with the phone,email cant keep up with it...
  8. imp3r10

imp3r10 New Member

I have tried that aswell but it wouldn't even show some of my messages that i recieved that had couple MB attachments.
Search tags for this page

android attachment too large

android email attachment too large

android email client does not allow large attachments
android email file too large to attach
android file too large to attach
android gmail attachment too large
android razr maxx yahoo message too large
attachment too big yahoo email
attachment too large android

file too large to attach droid

file too large to attach email android