ATT strikes the droid back

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by bobmundo123, Jan 12, 2010.

1. xjman349

xjman349 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Engadget's gear of CES 2010 -- Engadget

Read the bottom part nexus one att part. Check it out I laughed the entire time.

2. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,267
    Good point. Hopefully with the growth in the android market due to at&t picking up phones and the other android phones set to release in the spring, it will bring interest from developers. With that said what interest me about the droid is that its not just apps. I was done playing around with my iphone after 3 days. (really a day) all i could do was move apps around and that seemed cool then. I spent so much time on the itunes market because apps were the only thing that made the phone fun.
    The droid is more then that, i had this thing since nov and I am still finding new things out about my phone. The apps are a plus and if the big named apps are added to flash and what the droid already offers, it will blow apple away even if iphone comes to verizon. You still going to have people buying the iphone for looks, but that is starting to decline. I am starting to see more and more droids every day.

3. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah, agreed there. I've only had it for two weeks and I have a huge list of things I've seen and want to do but haven't got to yet. Waiting for the official 2.1 update before I do some of it. Have you seen this yet:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...lacement-app-seeter-home-public-beta-out.html
    It's awesome.

ROFL!!!!
    WOW, that is great, give it up for AT&T :clap:

4. SSHGuru

SSHGuru Silver Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Honestly having the two phones side by side (Nexus and Droid) the Droid looks like the upgraded version of the Nexus. If I did not know better I'd pick the Droid as the more expensive better model.

5. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,267
    Just looked at it, again i am amaze what you can do with this phone and its not even rooted, you have to jailbreak an iphone to do what we can do out of the box. I sent my dad my iphone and for him he wants simplicity... i want something that i wont master in a day.

You have to look that the nexus has just been released there are going to be problems just like the droid had. All the people who dropped the droid and went nexus because it was the coolest thing on the block and the droid had too many "problems" are going to face the same issues with the nexus. Its the rose colored glasses syndrom.

ATT performed as bad as the patriots last weekend

6. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Yep, that's the one where he has a buddy on a game show and he's doing the phone a friend bit. I noticed it was a blackberry too and I thought, geeze, what BS. Do they think we don't notice?

7. 640k

640k Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    this thread is lol. it blew up really fast. once LTE is out, none of this will matter.

8. bL33d

bL33d Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had a iphone 3gs and now a droid and have issues with checking my data speeds with speedtest app :p and I can tell u verizon speeds are faster even in the st louis area.

Out in the rural areas its no contest cause att don't have 3g coverage.

9. perm210

perm210 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The biggest problem Droid owners face is the wide spectrum of Android see its just one iPhone/touch so when folks develop apps its will work regardless but we have to see if it will work with the hero/droid/N1 ect. I came from a IPhone I was so pissed that my phone got stolen and I was hit with ( if you want another buy a 500 iPhone I said no).

Trust ATT is the weak point with the IPhone Im still a apple fan boy lol

10. Big Cam

Big Cam Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thats exactly what pisses me off about ATT commericals, they say crap like we can do it both, but they never have 3G coverage, plus they sghow a map covering the whole US, but that's talk, not #g, but they neglect to say that in their commericals.

Where Verizon clearly says 3g netowrk.

11. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Agreed with that completely. Google REALLY needs to get a hold of the marketplace. There are so many programs that perform so poorly it's ridiculous. They should have some sort of 'certification' per device/OS-version that way users could be confident in their purchases and use. As it is now it's very much 'buyer beware' and while that's okay for use early adopters that understand the development curve for such things most mainstream users will be very turned off by it. I've personally avoided 'buying' any apps right as of yet simply because of the upcoming 2.1 update. Makes no sense to pay for an app that you can't use or may have no purpose on the new update.

12. DroidHoff

DroidHoff Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah this one is good! What a friend!!! His pal is on a "Who wants to be a Millionaire" like show and this d*&^$bag wont even stay home or use a PC/MAC. No instead he uses a "Blackberry" (known for superduper fast web browsing) 3G network. Verizon should run this same add but when it gets to the where Luke Wilson is about to give the answer have the call drop! That would be hilarious!!!

Search tags for this page

droid 4 att