ATT strikes the droid back

bobmundo123

Reaction score
just saw an ATT commercial Starring the of so beloved luke wilson featuring the droid. A guy is seen on the back with two droids trying to stay on the phone and surf the web at the same time.. hahaha.. okay... completely irrelevant. It starts off by him saying well you can talk and surf the web at the same time.. but that would require two phones.. and the guy in the back is struggling trying to use both phones.. hah... these ATT commercial are like.. i mean well composed.. but the content is so irrelevant and not accurate that it kinda cancells out all the budget

[video=youtube;IxCcJhpyOts]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxCcJhpyOts&feature=PlayList&p=07FD0129B12E5B97&index=5[/video]

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
just saw an ATT commercial Starring the of so beloved luke wilson featuring the droid. A guy is seen on the back with two droids trying to stay on the phone and surf the web at the same time.. hahaha.. okay... completely irrelevant. It starts off by him saying well you can talk and surf the web at the same time.. but that would require two phones.. and the guy in the back is struggling trying to use both phones.. hah... these ATT commercial are like.. i mean well composed.. but the content is so irrelevant and not accurate that it kinda cancells out all the budget

its commercials it is no different then the verizon commercials.

to note: I listen to the Jim Rome Radio Show and even he is getting tired of the luke wilson commercials

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Haha, that's a fairly old commercial now and we've discussed it a few times in other AT&T related threads. It's funny that they advertise that way when only about two cities in the country can do that, SF and NY.

NaterGator

Reaction score
Old news, but the commercial kinda ignores the fact that the guy is in his home and would (presumably) have a WiFi network enabling him to do exactly what ATT claims he can't :icon_rolleyes:

Zac7

Reaction score
Yea that is a funny commercial but it is pretty old and someone on here postefd about this a while back. I just yesterday saw two of those advertising trucks that are like billboards driving, the one in front said you can lead with at&t and the second truck said or follow with verizon. I thought it was hilarious, at&t is losing their minds.

nyyfan

Reaction score
i guess having never had a smartphone before droid im not too experienced but how often does anyone really feel the need to use a data connection while on the phone? i dont see how this is really a big issue at all.

OP
bobmundo123

bobmundo123

Reaction score
Sorry guys if this thread is a repost. It was the first time I saw the commercial..lawl

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
My daughter has AT&T and a IPhone , I asked her to do a test , she said she would but had no 3g , but I did , so I guess not a fair test . :icon_eek:
Where we live AT&T does not have 3G , but Verizon has for years . :)
Caulk one up for Verizon . :)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sorry guys if this thread is a repost. It was the first time I saw the commercial..lawl

its all good it gives the people another chance to throw peanuts at the :iphone:.

OP
bobmundo123

bobmundo123

Reaction score
also like to mention that i'm pretty sure even when att does have 3g available, it still isn't as fast as verizons 3g Network.. also sidenotei love how this thread has only been up for 15 minutes and already this many responses.. lol

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Have to be honest, iphone 3gs on the att is pretty fast. I was able to load up any site or app just as fast as i could the droid. The key was being in a strong 3g area. Outside the strong 3g area the phone does not load as fast, but that is the same for any smartphone using 3g. Verizon has a broader 3g market.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The sad thing is I used to love Luke Wilson and now when I hear his voice, all I think about is his false advertisements about Verizon/ATT. I'm not a biased droid user, I find the iphone to be a great phone, the service is lacking in my area for sure, but the phone itself is well made. I think the commercials if anything, do harm to ATT and are detrimental to Luke Wilson's career.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
You haven't seen nothing yet. Wait till you see their other commercial touching on that same subject ( talking and browsing)

He's on the phone and he sets it down to look something up on the net. The webpage shows up rather quickly ( this is important ) and he passes the info onto the person on the other end.

What phone is he using? A blackberry : )

Most of us know that blackberries render pages VERY quickly.

That commercial made me chuckle.

Reaction score
The sad thing is I used to love Luke Wilson and now when I hear his voice, all I think about is his false advertisements about Verizon/ATT. I'm not a biased droid user, I find the iphone to be a great phone, the service is lacking in my area for sure, but the phone itself is well made. I think the commercials if anything, do harm to ATT and are detrimental to Luke Wilson's career.

I think Luke Wilson's acting is detrimental to his career ;) But yes, false advertising, or at least misleading advertising is annoying. I think the only reason AT&T is continuing this back and forth between Verizon is they finally feel a legitimate threat due to an amazing line up of android phones out and others on deck.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Come on lighten up on luke. If att came and dropped a big piece of change on you to get on tv and drop a couple of phones you not gonna do it. I am not that loyal to any phone, if att said here is a check and its not made of rubber........Im dropping all kinds of phones :motdroidvert:, :droideris:,:blackberry:, razrs.....they are dropping faster then ______ hiltons _____ on allstar weekend.