ATT is desperate

miltk

Reaction score
Att is not even addressing V's argument. They're trying to divert the ads. Ultimately, anyone who went go att because of the iPhone will come go back to V. Android will eat WiMo for breakfast.

daddyd302

Reaction score
Has anyone notice that AT&T no longer show their 3G coverage? They just show edge coverage and 3G on a separate page showing which city has 3G and no coverage map at all.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
You know, I used to talk and surf/text with my old storm which uses the GSM. Its not that you can't possibly do it with verizon, just that the antena on the droid is CDMA. Old storm doesn't have wi-fi btw.
Only if you had your SIM card activated and were using it instead. Because, there is no way it can be done on a CDMA phone - unless, as been thoroughly mentioned - if you're on WiFi. Other than that, it's not gonna happen on any CDMA carrier-Sprint, VZW, USCC, etc.

It was so funny how AT&T claimed how deceptive VZW's ads were, because I guess the average person doesn't know 3G is for data, even though the VZW ad clearly states 3G maps is what they're comparing. I believe AT&T is being even more deceptive with that loser actor who can't get a movie role, showing all the 1X coverage that AT&T has. They're deceptive because they are confusing their own AT&T customers into thinking VZW was showing the 1X map and not 3G.

AT&T will be in big trouble once the exclusivity AT&T has with the iPhone becomes a thing of the past. Don't think the iPhone isn't being developed for CDMA right now either, it's coming.
Just an fyi. EVDO-rev. b allows for simultaneous voice and data, so technically CDMA is capable of simultaneous voice and data. Verizon just hasn't enabled it.

so if i changed the setting to EVDO-rev. B would it work then or no? Where did you get this information? I was informed that CDMA is not capable of data/talk simultaneously.

jahtv98

Reaction score
Only if you had your SIM card activated and were using it instead. Because, there is no way it can be done on a CDMA phone - unless, as been thoroughly mentioned - if you're on WiFi. Other than that, it's not gonna happen on any CDMA carrier-Sprint, VZW, USCC, etc.

It was so funny how AT&T claimed how deceptive VZW's ads were, because I guess the average person doesn't know 3G is for data, even though the VZW ad clearly states 3G maps is what they're comparing. I believe AT&T is being even more deceptive with that loser actor who can't get a movie role, showing all the 1X coverage that AT&T has. They're deceptive because they are confusing their own AT&T customers into thinking VZW was showing the 1X map and not 3G.

AT&T will be in big trouble once the exclusivity AT&T has with the iPhone becomes a thing of the past. Don't think the iPhone isn't being developed for CDMA right now either, it's coming.
Just an fyi. EVDO-rev. b allows for simultaneous voice and data, so technically CDMA is capable of simultaneous voice and data. Verizon just hasn't enabled it.

so if i changed the setting to EVDO-rev. B would it work then or no? Where did you get this information? I was informed that CDMA is not capable of data/talk simultaneously.

Is Rev B even available for use now? Are you sure you arent talking about LTE when it rolls out later on in 2010?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had the blackberry for years and never had the need once. If you're talking on the phone chances are your near a computer to surf.. If not you can always call them back.

Who needs to surf while on the phone?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

Is Rev B even available for use now? Are you sure you arent talking about LTE when it rolls out later on in 2010?

I could have sworn i saw rev. B when i was changing it. Maybe it was something else though, it's what viperboy recommended to make call quality sound better.

edit: just found his page. it was EVRC-B, sorry for the mixup and getting hopes up, lol. MY BAD!:icon_ banana:

Last edited:

MrTommy

Reaction score
sure you can

I don't get it... I can talk on the phone and surf the web at the same time, and I don't ever use the WiFi setting. Out here in the middle of Nevada there ISN'T any WiFi to sneak into. It's the 3G network or nothing. I'll be talking to fellow truck drivers and checking my weather pages at the same time. No problem. I was shocked to hear that lying AT&T ad about how they can do it and we can't. WE CAN. And of course, texting and talking is NO problem either. It just takes some experimentaion to get the hang of it, but it works with no problems. :)

Acid7711

Reaction score
Actually, we can. I saw that commercial and decided to give it a try. It worked.
That's what I was thinking...... I've been in a call before and went to browse the web or do something else on the phone, then I saw that commercial and I was like, uhm....???

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't get it... I can talk on the phone and surf the web at the same time, and I don't ever use the WiFi setting. Out here in the middle of Nevada there ISN'T any WiFi to sneak into. It's the 3G network or nothing. I'll be talking to fellow truck drivers and checking my weather pages at the same time. No problem. I was shocked to hear that lying AT&T ad about how they can do it and we can't. WE CAN. And of course, texting and talking is NO problem either. It just takes some experimentaion to get the hang of it, but it works with no problems. :)

Personally, the issue never arises for me. If I had my druthers, though, I'd like to see VZW cut off all service when a phone is moving 60 miles per hour or being used in a minivan at any speed.

coolkidd

Reaction score
OK... I am at work (with nothing to do... must be the holidays). I have tested if I can talk and surf at the same time....

The verdict is YOU CANNOT!

I get a "No Network Connection" window.... and after I hang-up, the browser refreshes itself and I get Internet.

Did anyone try out VoIP method and talk-and-surf at the same time?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
For those of you wondering. Yes the IPhone "could" come to VZW. Yes it is being tested in thier "LTE" test areas. No a formal statement hasn't been done. No Apple hasn't saiid they are going to make an CDMA version. Having said all of that. We "should" see an IPhone on VZW when they roll LTE 3Q to 4Q this 2010

rangeroverluvr

Reaction score
I have tried being on the phone and surfing the web and was able to do it with just being on 3g. :icon_ banana:

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have tried being on the phone and surfing the web and was able to do it with just being on 3g. :icon_ banana:
You'll have to record a video to back this up, because from having a VZW tech background, I know it can't be done unless you were on wifi.