ATT is desperate

greenchicken

Reaction score
who cares about talking on the phone and surfing the web at the same time?
Maybe its just me but does anyone care that we can't do that on a Droid?

g8gt2012

Reaction score
Actually, we can. I saw that commercial and decided to give it a try. It worked.

OP
greenchicken

greenchicken

Reaction score
Look, I am a Truck driver, I go everywhere and everybody I know that is a truck driver eventually goes to verizon... is verizon perfect? Nope, but they are better than any other carrier hands down....

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
There have been times when I needed to access the web while on the phone. Few and far between but it has been needed. We can only do it in Wi-Fi but not really a big dael to me. Personally I think Verizon could give us a way to do it, however since they are still talking with apple about taking over the iphone I don't think they will.

g8gt2012

Reaction score
haha.

Yeah, I like Verizon a lot more over ATT but if Sprint had the droid, or a comparable Android OS based phone, I would have probably gone with them because I know people that have nothing but good things to say about them.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
who cares about talking on the phone and surfing the web at the same time?
Maybe its just me but does anyone care that we can't do that on a Droid?

it's honestly a nice feature and a feature i miss with my Droid. However, I'm usually at home so I just run wifi and can talk on the phone at the same time. It's very helpful when you need it though.

Like it or not, that is one feature that AT&T has over Verizon's network, but we don't get dropped calls and 3g everywhere!:icon_ banana:

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Actually, we can. I saw that commercial and decided to give it a try. It worked.

you were on Wifi. it's a network limitation that Verizon can't handle data/talk at the same time. only GSM is capable of this, if i remember correctly, which AT&T is.

Droids

Reaction score
I haven't had the need to talk and surf at the same time on 3g, and since I'm usually at home or work where there is Wi-Fi, it's really not an issue for me. I'll stick with Verizon, who will have 4g widely deployed long before AT&T, and 4g allows simultaneous voice and data.

ericmz

Reaction score
It's sad when a carrier asks their own customers to keep down their data usage. And their only claim is you can surf the web and talk at the same time? Sad, sad, sad...

rican408

Reaction score
U need coverage to talk and surf. So basicly they can't do it either: p
We can be on gps and make calls... that's all I need. ...

jefbystereo

Reaction score
There have been a few times where I have wanted to talk and surf at the same time, more than I expected actually. Def not a deal breaker for me though, and the pros outweigh the few cons like that.