ATT ads .....

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Daywalker, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Daywalker

Daywalker New Member

Verizon in my opinion is kicking ass and taking names in the commercial war.

Ooooo I phone can talk and surf at the same ...if you happen to be in an area where 3g works.

At the office today I was messing with a coworker and his "Jesus phone" (ATT is horrid in my area) lucky if it works at all never mind 3g. I was making a call and on the net wifi in the elevator lol.

Then just to to bother him I used slydialer to go right to his voice mail had him convinced his ringer did not work.

:icon_ poke:
  2. Dragoro

Dragoro New Member

Thats funny about the slydialer.
  3. raven1911

raven1911 New Member

All I hear in southern CA is AT&T commercials. I see them on billboards, on radio and TV. I hardly ever hear Verizon commercials. I know Verizon is way better but I would think it needs to up its advertisement.
  4. backlash

backlash New Member

Yeah, they are really focusing on the talking and surfing at the same time thing. I've never really found a need to do that myself.

slydialer eh, gonna have to check that out.
  5. LordKastle

LordKastle New Member

Raven, what part of SoCal do you live in? (Rhetorical, don't actually answer lol)...most people have Verizon or another service because AT&T is horrible unless you live in the actual inner-cities.
  6. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Huh??? I've got a TiVo and I FF through commercials and even I see how Verizon is kicking butt in these wars and taking names. And I'm not talking about local broadcast I'm talking about national television. Heck I just saw the iToy commercial this morning on the Today show.
  7. takeshi

takeshi New Member

Apple's ads are at least somewhat clever and actually attempt to convince people that SVDO is a must have (which it may or may not be, depending on who you ask).

It's really that at&t is doing poorly with its ads. Not sure which agency they're using but they need to fire them.
  8. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig. Dropped calls... no service... AT&T needs more than an advertising team. :icon_eek:
  9. New2u

New2u DF Super Moderator

Agreed. You can put up 100 million billboards, have the airwaves drowned in commercials for them, but does that convince anyone that the network is better then it is... no.
  10. Sleeve

Sleeve New Member

It would be nice to see this campaign volley. Hopefully VzW held aside some of that $100 million to see what AT&T and Apple do.

The Apple ad could be easily countered by showing how much actual dead air you'd have during a call if you were doing any of those things live rather than as simulated screens. The simple fact that they have to simulate the screens to fit into a commercial would make a great 30 second spot. "Hello? Are you still there? ..." They could also show how impractical using data is in a public place while on a call because you need to put your call on speakerphone.

The AT&T ads try to blur the difference between coverage and 3G service, basically making the uninformed conclude that VzW is telling lies by showing a coverage map that is different from VzW's blue map showing AT&T 3G service. Add in the data oversaturation in the San Francisco and New York markets. And the boobs at AT&T literally handed VzW and McCann Erickson a walk when they based their countercampaign on a middle 20th century rapid communication method like post cards. AT&T users have to send post cards, there's no room on the network for photo attachments, especially not in SF and NY.
  11. samsung rogue user

samsung rogue user Member

probably a repost but funny
  12. bluedust

bluedust New Member

The newest AT&T one is really awful, where they go, "carrier that starts with a V" as the only thing Verizon has going for it. As useless as it is to me I can understand the whole "can't talk and browse", at the same time commercials, but to just lie is pretty childish. At least lie and make it funny like the Apple ads.

Edit: Here it is lol:

This Luke Wilson-AT&T Commercial Doesn’t Seem Hastily Thrown Together at All
  13. samsung rogue user

samsung rogue user Member

14. Guchi

Guchi New Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JgrBtn8XdU[/ame]

[​IMG]this is a great one!!!
    [​IMG]
  15. eliassami5

eliassami5 New Member

Is everybody missing something or is it just me..the Droid CAN talk and browse at the same time. When in a call press the speaker button then click the home button (no it wont hang up, you will have a notification at the top telling you that you are still on the phone) and then just lick the browser or play a game or do WHATEVER you want.
  16. swallman

swallman New Member

You can only browse on WiFi and be on a call at the same time. If you're not connected to WiFi and try to browse at the same time you're on a call, you won't be able to. This is a known issue with all CDMA networks (Verizon, Sprint, US Cellular, etc.)
  17. eliassami5

eliassami5 New Member

Oh I see, didnt know that
  18. tjoebgen

tjoebgen New Member

The AT&T adds were really bothering me until I actually tried it today on my Droid. At first I thought it worked (I was still in 3G mode), but then realized it wasn't. Was glad to see it works in WiFi when I tested that next.

I know the phone call itself isn't on 3G - it's only for data - but why switch it off during a call? Sure, if you have WiFi enabled already, no problem, but many of us seem to lose the ability to get email and messages when on WiFi and not 3G, so we aren't already in that mode.
  19. Vanilla Tarantino

Vanilla Tarantino New Member

I've got a friend with an iphone that tried to give me crap about using the phone and internet at the same time. I simply asked if he could listen to Pandora and browse the web at the same time. Put an end to that. But, then I showed him screebl to show how useful background apps are and to add insult to injury. :)
  20. rod

rod New Member

att just put 3g in my area yesterday. they press released back in february that itd be here by the end of the year. sure enough, december 31, 3g. i had three calls from friends still with att saying "HA! 3G!". all i could do was laugh at them.