1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Atrix got Wet

Discussion in 'Android Smart Phones' started by Reaperonin, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Reaperonin

Reaperonin New Member

So I hace the moto atrix 4g. Its about 1 week and a half old.

Last night I was running through the rain from my truck, slipped, and my phone fell in a puddle full of leaves and water.
    It was in the water for about 1.1 seconds tops.
    I hurriedly shook off all the water on the outside, pulled off back, dried, pulled battery out, dried.

Then I vigorously sucked through all the ports. I was only able to get a very small amount of water out of each.

Then I let it sit all night.

About four hours later, frustrated and curious, I put the battery back in and started it up.

It made it to the Att screen, then freaked out, then went black.

After that it would not hold a charge or turn back on.

On the assumption that MAYBE the battery went totally dead? I put it on the charger over night.

I tried to turn it on again about 12 hours after initial water contact. It would not turn on, so I got pissed, and through it at the floor.

A few minutes after that, I decided that who knows, the throw may have unlogged some dirt or something? lol
    So I sheepishly tried again.
    IT WORKED!. WTF! REALLY!

So now my phone is uhm, working, for all intensive purposes... it took a little while to load up, but it is doing everything it was doing yesterday the way that I want it to... so...

But, en lue of the " Three days later IT DIED!" comment,

I have taken my battery back out and am looking for a certain solution.

It is best to just have a savvy kind of person take it apart and clean it?

Also,
    Where is the water sensor on the Atrix? are there several?

The battery has a sticker with red X's that I assume is one, but there is also a little tiny hole with a red dye stain to the right of the sim card.

Any advice is welcome. .thanks!!!
Search tags for this page
atrix 4g got wet
atrix phone got wet
getting the motorola atrix wet
got atrix wet
how to turn on a wet andiod artix
motorola atrix 2 wet
motorola atrix 4g got wet

motorola atrix got wet

motorola atrix water sensor

motorola atrix wet