AT&T's Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Note 4 Getting Android 5 Lollipop Starting Today

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-note-4-vs-galaxy-note-4.jpg

Heads up AT&T owners of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and/or Galaxy Note 4! Today (or sometime within the next few days) will be your lucky day. Android 5.0.x Lollipop just started pushing out to both of these devices from the former "Ma Bell."

The build number for the Galaxy Note 3 is LRX21V.N900AUCUEOC1, while the guild number for the Galaxy Note 4 is LRX22C.N910AUCU1COC2. Both offer the tasty goodness of Lollipop and a small smattering of other features and fixes. As usual, if you don't see your update right away, you can frantically tap on Settings > About Phone > Update Phone until your thumb bleeds. Alternatively, you could just wait for the update to hit your device OTA, since it will be going out in waves/phases.

Let us know if/when you receive yours. Here's our dedicated sections on both devices for further discussions:

Source: AT&T

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I was really hoping that Verizon would decide to compete yesterday as I saw the reports coming in on Twitter saying that both of AT&T's Notes were being blessed with the update. I should've known better.

@mountainbikermark has a nice little thread that he started as he was downloading the update where he's compiling a short list of things that he finds that have changed. AT T Lollipop pushing as I write this. Android Forum at DroidForums.net

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
It really is annoying that every generation of phone, no matter which one I buy, is always the last flagship phone to get the damned updates...

I would like to save myself the headache and go the Nexus route, but VZW delays that release for half a year, so you end up in the same boat...

blacksoxing

Reaction score
I guess I don't see what 5.0 can do for me that 4.4.x can do....

More importantly, I can't upgrade my VZ Note 3 past 4.4.x w/out losing root, so I'm confident 5.0 isn't going to be any better!

The true hilarity in all of this is that over in Appleland, jailbreaks are occurring seemingly as soon as the latest OS is released! I'm getting more tempted to taste that fruit...

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
It is interesting that you say that... To be honest, most of the things I hated about Apple, the limitations and such, the small screens, lack of SD slots, etc... Are being or have been addressed.

Their phones are now larger, the OS has gotten more and more like Android, and in many cases they are not easier to root/LB than most Android devices. The performance is on par....

The reasons for choosing Android are becoming less and less, IMHO... The stranglehold that the carriers have is really annoying... By the time we get the performance and UI improvements and better battery life and all that, Google will be about to release the next version...

Nexus is the way to go, but even there the carriers like VZW screw us by not offering them for 6 months because they want to push the Droid Turbo...

I really wish that Google would just become a national carrier with a good LTE network and we could jump to that...