AT&T's Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Note 4 Getting Android 5 Lollipop Starting Today

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Mar 24, 2015.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,254
    [​IMG]

Heads up AT&T owners of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and/or Galaxy Note 4! Today (or sometime within the next few days) will be your lucky day. Android 5.0.x Lollipop just started pushing out to both of these devices from the former "Ma Bell."

The build number for the Galaxy Note 3 is LRX21V.N900AUCUEOC1, while the guild number for the Galaxy Note 4 is LRX22C.N910AUCU1COC2. Both offer the tasty goodness of Lollipop and a small smattering of other features and fixes. As usual, if you don't see your update right away, you can frantically tap on Settings > About Phone > Update Phone until your thumb bleeds. Alternatively, you could just wait for the update to hit your device OTA, since it will be going out in waves/phases.

Let us know if/when you receive yours. Here's our dedicated sections on both devices for further discussions:

Source: AT&T

2. GoCliffGo05

GoCliffGo05 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +555
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 7
    Dang. Come on vzw

Sent from my Note 4

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,391
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    I was really hoping that Verizon would decide to compete yesterday as I saw the reports coming in on Twitter saying that both of AT&T's Notes were being blessed with the update. I should've known better.

@mountainbikermark has a nice little thread that he started as he was downloading the update where he's compiling a short list of things that he finds that have changed. AT T Lollipop pushing as I write this. Android Forum at DroidForums.net

4. SquireSCA

SquireSCA Silver Member

Ratings:
    +280
    It really is annoying that every generation of phone, no matter which one I buy, is always the last flagship phone to get the damned updates...

I would like to save myself the headache and go the Nexus route, but VZW delays that release for half a year, so you end up in the same boat...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,391
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    Verizon was the first in the States to release Lollipop for the S5. I guess it was too much to hope that they'd do it again so soon...

• Like Like x 1
  6. SquireSCA

SquireSCA Silver Member

Ratings:
    +280
    I should have just stayed on my GS5 it appears...

7. blacksoxing

blacksoxing Active Member

Ratings:
    +30
    I guess I don't see what 5.0 can do for me that 4.4.x can do....

More importantly, I can't upgrade my VZ Note 3 past 4.4.x w/out losing root, so I'm confident 5.0 isn't going to be any better!

The true hilarity in all of this is that over in Appleland, jailbreaks are occurring seemingly as soon as the latest OS is released! I'm getting more tempted to taste that fruit...

8. SquireSCA

SquireSCA Silver Member

Ratings:
    +280
    It is interesting that you say that... To be honest, most of the things I hated about Apple, the limitations and such, the small screens, lack of SD slots, etc... Are being or have been addressed.

Their phones are now larger, the OS has gotten more and more like Android, and in many cases they are not easier to root/LB than most Android devices. The performance is on par....

The reasons for choosing Android are becoming less and less, IMHO... The stranglehold that the carriers have is really annoying... By the time we get the performance and UI improvements and better battery life and all that, Google will be about to release the next version...

Nexus is the way to go, but even there the carriers like VZW screw us by not offering them for 6 months because they want to push the Droid Turbo...

I really wish that Google would just become a national carrier with a good LTE network and we could jump to that...

Search tags for this page

droid forums samsung galaxy note 3

galaxy note 3 y galaxy note 4

note 3 vs note 4

note 3 vs note4

note 4 verizon lollipop

samsung galaxy note 4 vs note 3

samsung galaxy note3 and note4

samsungnote 3 vs note 4