At the risk of being slammed...

RAZRmax

Reaction score
What is the latest on ics and Verizon on the Razr? Used to be loads of threads on this but haven't seen any updates lately.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
The latest "official" OS for ICS on Verizon for the Razr/Razr Maxx is 6.16.211, however there are to un-official leaks that are .214 and .215. Un-official just means they have not been released by the carrier but they are still valid OS versions.

OP
R

RAZRmax

Reaction score
So is VZ going to do an official release?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
You should be able to pull the official update by going into phone settings, about phone, system updates, check and then accept and download...

Good luck!

OP
R

RAZRmax

Reaction score
Thanks Smalltowngirl. But is this safe to do? Or is this a risky move? I don't want to risk screwing up my phone.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
So is VZ going to do an official release?

The .215 leak does much better than the official .211 but myself, I hope moto gives it a little bit of time before they make the official release... only because I believe there still could be some beneficial tweaks to the .215. And maybe that is what moto is doing... making sure they have caught all the tweaks before they (and Verizon) make an official OTA. There is speculation/rumor that moto has been working on this update to release it before the Bionic upgrade to ICS. Of course this is based on some article somewhere and those articles are always based on "official" sources that are unknown-unnamed and these "official" stories almost always turn out to be false/rumors.

But yes, at some time there will be an official OTA update!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
RAZRmax, are you still on Gingerbread or are you on ICS. Go into settings ---> About phone---> what is the System version or Android version?

OP
R

RAZRmax

Reaction score
Still on GB. Have not done a system update. 2.3.5.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Still on GB. Have not done a system update. 2.3.5.

Yeah if you are on stock GB and have not froze or deleted any APPS then just do the update through the Settings>About Phone>System Updates like they recommended.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Thanks Smalltowngirl. But is this safe to do? Or is this a risky move? I don't want to risk screwing up my phone.
If you are not rooted and have not delete or removed apps that came with your phone then it is absolutely safe to take the OTA update from Verizon as others have recommended.

BaSHa

Reaction score
If you are still on GB and like how your phone is now it would be worth your time to read some of the threads about the changes in ICS before installing it. For my personal uses I think GB worked better for me.

OP
R

RAZRmax

Reaction score
I know,.I'm happy with GB the only thing I'd really like is screen capture ability (I'm a developer and that would be useful). Also want the face unlock

lakerkev

Reaction score
Screen capture is handy, face unlock not so much. I found it pretty unreliable when lighting is not optimal.

Yngwie77

Reaction score
Screen capture is handy....face unlock is a stupid gimmick and doesn't work very well and say bye bye to flash video working

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2