At the FINAL point of hopelessness...

Costalife

Reaction score
Ok so I have an HTC Rezound. Two days later I have managed to mess It up.

I used Rezound_All-In-One_Kit_v2.0 to unlock the HTC. It did so flawlessly.
Then I flashed the Kernel Stock Unsecured OC. I then had the White and Green HTC screen.
I read ALOT and discovered the PH98IMG boot.img and palced on the SD card; Hit the arrow up and updated. Booted fine.

Next I tried easy root. Went through the prompts to get perm root and It didn't work.
Next I decided to download Ineffabilis-Deus_v1.0.1-Odex and flash it and everything would be ok.
Installation went find untill reboot left me with green HTC screen.

Obviously Im not good at this.

Now here I am. I can not get it past this screen. No idea what went wrong. How can I get my phone back? **EDIT** I DID NOT MAKE A GOD DARN BACK UP**

I did this once before on my X and I used a bootable disc to get back the stock settings.

Please direct me to a solution here before I give up on this thing.
Details GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
C

Costalife

Reaction score
BTW I get a Vibrate HTC screen Blink HTC Screen Steady

OP
C

Costalife

Reaction score
One more update I did try to place boot.img on the sd card via my old droid x's SD. And it loading PH98IMG but it says no image?

*Put the PH98IMG.zip on SD got parsing sd zip
1 BOOT

Update complete.

But still HTC Green...

Last edited:
OP
C

Costalife

Reaction score
So thanks I like your guide better than most. I downloaded vigorOTAStockRooted and installed VIA CWM and was able to boot somehow. Jesus lets hope i have root so i dont have to do this **** again! :icon_eek::icon_ lala:

pmgreen

Reaction score
Mr Smith - Are there not HTC drivers for the MAC and if not does that impede rooting?
Is it better to follow the directions on a PC?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Nope, there are no drivers needed for the mac. In order to root/unlock/etc on a Mac, you need to follow linux directions. You will however need the Android SDK for Mac. For the most part you can follow my guide just noting where there are "\" you need to use a "/" . If you want to take a stab at it, feel free. I'm on here altogether too often so if you want to try and hit a roadblock, PM me.

pmgreen

Reaction score
Appreciate the offer. After the Rezound is rooted, the bloatware (social media junk) can be removed right?
Or does the phone need to be rooted, then run CleanTOOL to remove the undesired apps?

Sorry for the Noob questions in advance

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
You need to unlock and root in order to remove bloatware. You can use CleanTool if you like, after unlocking and rooting. Maybe I'll write a guide on Debloating....hmmm..

pmgreen

Reaction score
What's the difference between rooting and unclocked at a not too techy level.
Would be awesome if you did. Sad VZW loads this crap on to a the phone.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
What's the difference between rooting and unclocked at a not too techy level.
Would be awesome if you did. Sad VZW loads this crap on to a the phone.

Basically with (seemingly all) HTC phones now, they come locked. Which means that certain portions of the phone are marked Read-Only. Unlocking makes those portions accessible. However a standard user still can't access them(we're all standard users). This is where rooting comes in. Rooting gives you the ability to become the superuser(root) and be able to access all the portions of the phone that were previously locked away. Wow, that sounds like the beginning of a good intro paragraph..

pmgreen

Reaction score
Thank you, makes sense. Was curios why I didn't need to do that on the Droid X.
Appreciate your help

pmgreen

Reaction score
Does it make sense to wait until next week to see if we get ICS?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine that we will. The rumors have flown since the phone came out in November and they will continue to fly until we finally get ICS. I'd watch for official proof on Verizon's website or an official announcement that ICS is coming before getting hopeful. I never accept Verizon OTA's so I could really care less when the official OTA is. I'm personally waiting for a ROM dev to cook up AOSP. That's about the only thing that's going to move me from this highly functioning leak.