1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

At&t

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by Evil Nick, May 19, 2010.

1. Evil Nick

Evil Nick New Member

So i went into an ATT store last weekend to see what droid phoens might be on the horizon (Xperia or Desire) and they said no and the {vomit in my own mouth} Backflip was their flagship droid phone for a while. Then i ranted on how the Iphone (which i have) stinks and ATT needs a better selection. the man then proceded to tell me "oh but the new iphone is coming out" with a huge grin..... I dont think he understood i meant "the iphone sucks".

DOES ANYONE have any good info on a decent droid phone coming to ATT cause my contract doesnt end for quite some time, due to work i need to have data on my phone (and unforutnatley the iphone does have the best browser on ATT's horrible selection) and i WILL NOT buy another apple product!

Anyone work for ATT that can anonymously fill me in?

Thanks
  2. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

Well as of right now the rumor is that AT&T will be getting the Samsung Galaxy S and the LG LU2300 "Aloha". When and whether or not this is true has yet to be confirmed. What I can say is that the Backflip wouldn't be too bad of a device if it had 2.1 on it. My wife has one and it isn't all that bad. Problems with it right now are it runs Android 1.5 w/ MotoBlur and it hasn't been or for that matter cannot be rooted.

Your other option for AT&T right now is to buy an unsubsidized Nexus One for AT&T's network which Google offers. It is still available at Nexus One Phone - Web meets phone. for $529 unsubsidized. Other than that well... you are outta luck.
  3. iPirate

iPirate New Member

On a side note:

Based on this user's post alone I think Verizon's money has been spent well because he thinks Android phones are Droid phones.