AT&T, VZW & T-Mobile Versions of the Galaxy Note II Pass FCC; Also Features Video

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;hOX3HYDwTCY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hOX3HYDwTCY[/video]​

We have word that the AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile versions of the Samsung Galaxy Note II have just passed through their FCC testing. Here's a quote with the details,

First up, the SGH-i317 is most likely the AT&T model of the Galaxy Note 2, although it’ll probably also hit several Canadian carriers (no idea which ones). This device was first spotted in a GL Benchmarking at the beginning of September, and comes equipped with 850/1900 MHz 3G and 700/1700/2100 MHz 4G LTE bands.

The SCH-i605 was itself spotted several weeks ago in a leaked screenshot, although this was an even more mysterious device. What was only a guess back then it is now a certainty, seeing as the featuring of both CDMA and GSM, as well as 700 MHz LTE can only point at a dual-mode Verizon-bound Galaxy Note 2.

Big Red’s version of Samsung’s new phablet will support simultaneous CDMA voice and LTE data transmission using separate antennas, unlike the models on AT&T and T-Mobile. The i605 is also the model with the lowest SAR (specific absorption rate) measurements, while the AT&T-bound i317 has the highest such number.

As far as T-Mo’s Note 2 goes, we should mention that this is codenamed T889 and will support HSPA on the classic 1,700 MHz AWS frequency, but also 1,700 MHz 4G LTE speeds. That means that, despite earlier rumors, Magenta has a long-term plan for Sammy’s phablet, which will in fact run smoothly on the carrier’s soon to be introduced LTE network.

Notably missing on the list of tracked FCC certifications of Galaxy Note 2 variants are both Sprint and U.S. Cellular’s versions, although we wouldn’t worry very much about that. There is a chance these two will be released sometime after the three already spotted devices. There’s a better chance however that the two have also been approved by the regulatory agency and they simply haven’t been tracked yet.

We also included the above video that is a feature explanation for the new GNote2. How many of you guys are excited about this phone?

Source: AndroidAuthority

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeah i have an upgrade avail ... :)

stillwaiting

Reaction score
lets see if its still on top in 2 months then I might get it for my upgrade

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
and it can survive a drop

[video=youtube;mA0r7tc6V5s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA0r7tc6V5s&feature=g-all-u[/video]

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I dropped my S3 last week. Was putting it in my pocket and...missed. It fell and landed directly on its long side. Barely even a scratch on it. It was in a parking lot. I was shocked it had no real damage. Didn't pop open either. I didn't have a case on it as I like having a naked phone. Lets just say I put its case on it.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can anyone succinctly explain what it means that the Verizon variant has "the lowest SAR (specific absorption rate) measurements" while the AT&T version has the highest? Is it better to have a low SAR or a high SAR?

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Can anyone succinctly explain what it means that the Verizon variant has "the lowest SAR (specific absorption rate) measurements" while the AT&T version has the highest? Is it better to have a low SAR or a high SAR?

Low SAR means less radiation on your brain.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ahh; thank you! I wonder if there is any relation between the SAR of an antenna and it's ability to pull in a signal and its broadcast strength. I care about that while I could not care less about the SAR.