AT&T Updated Their Data Plans to Match/Resemble T-Mobile

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
att_logo_vignette720.jpg
ATt-price-plan.png

Now that T-Mobile has overtaken Sprint to become the third largest carrier in the US, the two big dogs at the top have taken notice. Not only did Verizon change its tactics to get rid of subsidies, now AT&T has altered their data plans to more closely match what T-Mobile is doing.

As you can see in the chart above, AT&T is now offering more data for less money than before. Obviously, to offer more "perceived" value, the larger data plan you choose, the bigger the relative discount. Of course, it's important to figure out just how much data you actually consume on average before deciding which plan to go with.

Despite the new discounts from AT&T, it still makes the Google Project Fi program (which pays you back for unused data) seem very attractive. It's a shame there is currently only one phone useable on Project Fi.

Source: AT&T

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
att_logo_vignette720.jpg

ATt-price-plan.png

Now that T-Mobile has overtaken Sprint to become the third largest carrier in the US, the two big dogs at the top have taken notice. Not only did Verizon change its tactics to get rid of subsidies, now AT&T has altered their data plans to more closely match what T-Mobile is doing.

As you can see in the chart above, AT&T is now offering more data for less money than before. Obviously, to offer more "perceived" value, the larger data plan you choose, the bigger the relative discount. Of course, it's important to figure out just how much data you actually consume on average before deciding which plan to go with.

Despite the new discounts from AT&T, it still makes the Google Project Fi program (which pays you back for unused data) seem very attractive. It's a shame there is currently only one phone useable on Project Fi.

Source: AT&T

Haven used Project Fi in a strong T-mobile/Sprint area, I have to say I prefer the reliability of ATT. If I mainly used my phones for calls and data speeds and reliability weren't an issue I would switch. But I need my data to work and be consistent.

With that said I like what Project Fi offers and would recommend it to customers who are on Tmo, Spriint, or non-contract carriers.