AT&T to Apple: It's not me, it's you...

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by JhankG, Dec 22, 2009.

1. JhankG

JhankG Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/13/business/13digi.html?_r=2

Looks like AT&T isn't as bad as most of us think and the iPhone isn't as great as most think.

By the way, AT&T is not actually putting the blame on Apple. In fact, they refuse to.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  2. Mojo

Mojo Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    See I just do not buy into that.... if the iPhone was as bad as the NYT is making it out to be why do users of the iPhone in other countries have the reception issues. And AT&T's dropped calls problem is not just exclusive to the iPhone. I have so many people that come in my store with the same story. Dropped calls, no matter what phone they are on.

3. unix.punkx

unix.punkx Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm glad to be on Verizon now. :greendroid:

4. verakot

verakot Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I quit AT&T long time before the iPhone appeared... A number of dropped calls was the issue, so I switched to Verizon and I was never dissapointed.

5. bossrogue

bossrogue Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've never dropped a call yet on VZW. I did on AT&T, but not an everyday thing. VZW is superior.

6. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    It IS AT&T... I had them for the past 3 years with nearly a dozen different phones (from cheap dumbphones to $$$ WM phones)... AT&T's network is CRAP... even with a FULL signal you can and WILL drop calls for no reason. And transferring cell towers (especially going from a non 3g tower to a 3g tower at highway speed) is nearly impossible w/o dropping calls.

Been on VZW just over two weeks and the ONLY dropped call I've had so far was on a small section of road out in the country that I did not expect to be covered. Other than that the service/coverage is EXCELLENT. I've taken my phone on horse rides deep into the woods (i.e. far from the roads) and STILL get phone calls and emails (fyi - one should be sure to get their horse(s) used to new ringtones :icon_eek: or put the phone on vibrate/silence before venturing onto new trials were the horse is likely to be 'on edge').

Wow...
    “AT&T’s data throughput is 40 to 50 percent higher than the competition, including Verizon,” Mr. Carter said. AT&T is a client and Verizon is not, he added.

Well then, NO REASON for them to be biased is there.... I'm willing to bet that the routes they took are VERY similar to the small/limited 3G maps that AT&T gives (i.e. inside major city limits and near major roads). I will attest that of those '3 million miles' very few if any were outside a 15m radius of downtown Nashville, TN or Charlotte, NC...

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010