AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon Follow Sprint In Note 7 Exchange Program

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Earlier today Sprint announced they would begin allowing customers to exchange their Note 7s for any other device on the network. This is in response to the "Safe" phones that have been catching fire even after the recall. Sprint didn't feel it necessary for their customers to have to walk around with a potentially dangerous device at least until the official investigation on the Southwest Airline device is completed.

The rest of the major US carriers have decided to follow the lead of Sprint. AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon will now all allow customers to pick out a new device to exchange for their Note 7. This should ease the mind of anyone who no longer trusts their Note 7 device. Will you replace your Note 7 with another phone? If so which will you choose? Anyone going with an iPhone?

via Engadget

ticketbabe

Reaction score

Earlier today Sprint announced they would begin allowing customers to exchange their Note 7s for any other device on the network. This is in response to the "Safe" phones that have been catching fire even after the recall. Sprint didn't feel it necessary for their customers to have to walk around with a potentially dangerous device at least until the official investigation on the Southwest Airline device is completed.

The rest of the major US carriers have decided to follow the lead of Sprint. AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon will now all allow customers to pick out a new device to exchange for their Note 7. This should ease the mind of anyone who no longer trusts their Note 7 device. Will you replace your Note 7 with another phone? If so which will you choose? Anyone going with an iPhone?

via Engadget
I've had no problems with my replacement, no heating issues. Some people are, so it seems a lot of differences of experience with replacements, perhaps caused by different sources or hurry in producing the phones. I would consider another Samsung if I had to change. I love the Note 7 & I'm keeping mine...no iPhone for me!!

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I love my Note 7 and also have no issues with my replacement.... but if Samsung comes back and says there is indeed another issue I am most likely going to the S7 Edge. It is unsettling to me that now the phones are catching fire at complete random... that makes me feel uneasy. I won't abandon Samsung because I do like their products but I will go to a different device.

I had considered the IPhone BUT I just can't do it... lower IP rating...no sd card...no wireless charging... I just can't. Plus I am to dedicated to Android and Google.

From The Sexy Note 7♡

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
If I were you I'd drop the note like hot potatoe and switch to either edge or moto z Force.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Yeah...looking at other options now as well. This sucks to have the best phone in the market and feeling like its a ticking time bomb. Smh....

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
S7 edge is still a good device.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I don't own a Note 7, but I didn't think that before the replacement devices it was a rare chance. But since these replacement devices were supposedly deemed safe, and now there are 3 cases of the replacement devices blowing up, I would immediately exchange it if I were an owner.

Having some uneasy thoughts about my s7 edge to be honest, but it's been through some real heavy use and even multiple charges a day and still nothing. *knock on wood*

realged13

Reaction score
Mine has been working great. I have put it under heavy use and hasn't gotten warm at all. I am just going to keep it. I don't like my wifes S7 Edge. There is also no other phone out there that I like.

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
For this video i kept my s6 edge plugged up to my car charger in the moddle of the summer and downloaded 1gb files for hours on in. The phone got hot enough to shut down and was very hot to the touch at times, but never caught fire.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
You are my hero DMX! I've used up 130gb over weekend one time tethering multiple Pcs to device and torrenting. My phone was Motorola at the time and it didn't have overheating problems.

As in regards to your video. What I've been doing the past few years is order new Verizon phones online from best buy at subsidized prices and thus renewing my 2 year contracts. When phone is delivered to my house before powering it up, I remove the new sim card(new plan) and stick my old sim card in. This lets me keep my unlimited data and get new discounted phone.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
For this video i kept my s6 edge plugged up to my car charger in the moddle of the summer and downloaded 1gb files for hours on in. The phone got hot enough to shut down and was very hot to the touch at times, but never caught fire.

Nice

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

mumblemouth1

Reaction score
personally i think alot of people make **** up for attention. Im still using the original note 7 , not 1 issue, i have to trade it in tommorow when the replacement gets to the store but no issues yet. And i think samsung even said 25 of the 36 original phones have been disproven to be defective. Ie. people were destroying them for hype. they did acknowledge a issue with some phones tho thats why the recall.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

To be honest though, overworking the processor is different than the battery overheating.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
@droidprincess and I have decided enough is enough though and tomorrow are exchanging our Note 7s. It sucks, but with the new ones catching fire for no reason and new reports daily it seems, need to be safe than sorry. Just trying to decide what to switch to.