AT&T Rant

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
I am so fed up at this point, I have no idea what to do.

Since June the 2nd of this year, when I handed AT&T $1,200 cash in order to switch from Verizon to AT&T, I have fought a battle I just cannot win.

Honestly, at this point I feel as though they are stealing from me.

I could post every picture, screen shot, tell you where every tower is located and it would not even matter.

When I handed them my hard earned money, I expected them to provide a working service just as they expected their deposite as well as monthly payments.

I am sitting here, running off of 3g because my 4g does not function, and now I have barely any signal with 3g.

No Internet service available to my home period.

AT&T'S micro cell solution, well uverse is a minute from me and they refuse to come and further.

I have numerous calls to the "President's Office", begging for at least uverse, with no results.

I am simply at a loss. I am looking at a $400 phone bill they expect me to pay while I barely have enough signal to pull the statement up.

I truly feel as though I am giving them money for nothing. I feel robbed and like we do not matter.

I have zero clue how to get our voice heard.

And to be honest, I am about to the point of tears.

I have done everything under the sun with no resolution.

I feel so hopeless.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Won't Verizon pay you to come back?
They paid my son to come back from TMob

Sent from my New Note 7

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Won't Verizon pay you to come back?
They paid my son to come back from TMob

Sent from my New Note 7
I think Verizon is paying up to $600 to switch back as long as you've been gone at least 6 months.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
My son went back within weeks, claiming TMob lied about signal and 4G Data...
Which they do.... TMob here is below sub par.

Sent from my New Note 7

OP
BamaBelle

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
But I just signed with att?

OP
BamaBelle

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
33d0b14c523d254f0cf41e413d28a20f.jpg

Service with 4g. I am blue dot.

0e2378220b4a6a665ea753ba911ad907.jpg

Service with 3g

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Usually every carrier will pay you to switch to their service, but your previous carrier won't pay you to return.

S5 tap'n

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I would try out different companies. Tmo, Verizon, etc and see if you get better at home. If you do, maybe use that one line as your internet.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Usually every carrier will pay you to switch to their service, but your previous carrier won't pay you to return.

S5 tap'n
Verizon paid my son...

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

OP
BamaBelle

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
Was Verizon better or worse?

Sent from my New Note 7
Verizon was full bars all day long. However, 3 devices had to share 25gb.

AT&T is unlimited via the direct tv plan. Which would have been perfect, if I actually got service lol.

I know, I am laughing. It isn't really all that funny but considering I have probably made a total of at least 30 phone calls to customer service and 20 more to corporate.....yeah.

I mean, don't get me wrong. AT&T'S customer service by far blows verizon completely out of the water. They just do not have whatever set up that Verizon did.

AT&T went so far as to give me a $250 credit to try a third party signal booster. But our signal is so poor, the booster could not even pick up our signal.

So, I am trying really, really hard not to get frustrated.

I decided to try social media today as a last resort. And surprisingly got a reply from AT&T. They are "supposed" to look into it more, they asked me to supply more info via messenger.

All I want to know is this.

If uverse is the solution, which it is. And uverse is .6 miles from me, why not just run the wire????

I totally get that they are busy, Yada Yada yada. But when you are charging someone xxx amount of money, already traded in our verizon phones and will have an early termination fee plus have to pay for the AT&T phones we have on payment now....

So basically, we are stuck.

Sad thing is I LOVE AT&T so far other than the fact that we have no signal lol. Like I have told them every single time I have called, I want to stay with AT&T.

JUST BRING ME UVERSE!!!!!! :)

OP
BamaBelle

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
I would try out different companies. Tmo, Verizon, etc and see if you get better at home. If you do, maybe use that one line as your internet.
Hmmmmmmm........that is something to think about. Good idea Mustang

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
All these issues and cost because you couldn't share 25gb?
Sounds like you should have paid for more data on Verizon and had lots of cash left.
I'd be calling Verizon...

Sent from my New Note 7

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
My wife and I left AT&T for Verizon. We get a much stronger signal, we had both our AT&T phones paid off by Verizon, and we are both getting money back for switching. My wife got a new iPhone(boo!), and i have my new Moto Z Force Droid:)D). IMHO, it's a win-win.:p

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
If uverse is the solution, which it is. And uverse is .6 miles from me, why not just run the wire????
Not to try and say that you don't have a right to be upset, but it's not like they can just string a wire to your house from wherever it terminates.

You're talking contracts with the folks that own the poles, or contracts with folks that own the land between you and the end of the line. You're talking bucket trucks for poles, a crew to trench if they're going underground + conduit for the length of the run. You're talking testing to make sure it meets their standards. You're talking permits and probably inspections from the county/city/whatever/both. There's probably even more to it than that, but that's what comes to mind right away.

It sounds simple to run more cable when it's that close, but there's a lot involved that you don't think about.