Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Does anyone use this? I turned mine on like 6 hours ago and it's still backing up... I don't have that many messages.... I want to FDR my phone after the 8.0 update but this is taking forever!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
Miller6386

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
6 hours??? nothing should take that long. maybe try their troubleshooting guide and see if it can fix this

Troubleshoot Phones, Tablets & Wireless Devices - AT&T

then there is my favorite fix, since you updated, there could be corrupted files in your partition cache. maybe give it a wipe.

Wipe cache partition: Samsung Galaxy Note8
I haven't updated yet.... But this is the second time I've tried actually... The first time it ran all night but I can't remember if it errored out or if I killed it...

As for clearing cache I'm usually a once a weeker for that... Sometimes 2 weeks but I do it regularly along with a full power down for an hour.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
you can overdo the wiping of the cache. It does help with the speed in the loading of apps. though they can get corrupted over time because of updates, that is where the app first look before opening. It is a lot like the temporary internet files in your Internet Explorer browser on your computer.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Full power down for an hour? Never heard that one before.

There are other apps to backup and restore texts. The one I used backed up 9000 texts for me in about 8 minutes.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OP
Miller6386

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Full power down for an hour? Never heard that one before.

There are other apps to backup and restore texts. The one I used backed up 9000 texts for me in about 8 minutes.

I used to do a battery pull for 15 minutes but that's not an option.. The more I think about it the more it's probably only monthly I shut it down. Probably just in my head but it seems to to clear out cobwebs every so often.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
You can still do a battery pull.... Sort of

“If your device is unresponsive, press and hold the Power key and the Volume down key simultaneously for more than 7 seconds to restart it.”

This is a hard reset. Simulates a battery pull. All your apps and data remain untouched. Quite literally, it's exactly the same as a battery pull.