AT&T is Prepping a Samsung Galaxy S7 Active Codenamed 'Samsung Poseidon'

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-s7-active-poseidon.png

There are worse names to have than that of a Greek god of the sea. If the latest rumor is true, such is the moniker of a new Active variant of the Samsung Galaxy S7. We have two sources suggesting that their will be a Samsung Galaxy S7 Active coming out this year.

One source is from famed leaker, @evleaks - aka Evan Blass. As you can see in the screen cap above, Blass tweeted the internal codename of an AT&T Samsung device with model number SM-G891A. That's where the name "Poseidon" comes from.

The second source comes from Samsung themselves. The changelog for Samsung's Level App for Android actually shows the Samsung Galaxy S7 Active name. Both of these taken together seem pretty conclusive.

Even though the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are already IP68 water resistant, an S7 Active would probably also be impact resistant to make it more rugged. We can't imagine what other changes might be in it, but we will keep you informed as this becomes official.

Source: (Update: spotted in Samsung app) It looks like AT&T is preparing to launch a Galaxy S7 Active

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If it has a fingerprint scanner I may switch from my note 5.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk