AT&T/DIRECTV merger approved by FCC

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
140501074719-att-directv-620xa.jpg

If you are still heated by our previous AT&T story, then be prepared for possibly more fees as the AT&T/DirecTV merger has been blessed by the FCC. With the power of NFL Sunday Ticket merged with their U-Verse, wireless, and Fiber brands, AT&T's portfolio has gotten even stronger giving them more power to challenge the market.
With this merger the question is how will it effect their customers and if the benefits (if any) for the customers will outweigh the potential price increase?

Source: FCC approves AT T s acquisition of DirecTV

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Less competition. What could go wrong? Sarcasm
Dish offers home internet now and in my area they partner with Verizon if their dish can't get through the foliage and if I'm reading it right AT&T must doo the same thing in rural areas as well. It'll just be a fee tacked onto your Direct and/or AT&T bill then a tax on the fee, then a surcharge for charging you the fee and tax. Again, what could go wrong?

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
This does not please me. I have DirecTV and love it! Customer service has always been top notch when I've needed it. I can see them push up costs and I'm already tapped out and don't know how I will be able to pay for Sunday Ticket which I also like (I think it costs too much tho). Will never go to Dish when they have outright lied to me and a friend about which sports channels they offered. I thought I was too old to be a cable cutter but it could happen.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This does not please me. I have DirecTV and love it! Customer service has always been top notch when I've needed it. I can see them push up costs and I'm already tapped out and don't know how I will be able to pay for Sunday Ticket which I also like (I think it costs too much tho). Will never go to Dish when they have outright lied to me and a friend about which sports channels they offered. I thought I was too old to be a cable cutter but it could happen.
I must admit that since cutting the cord I find myself not missing anything. To be fair I was not much of a television watcher anyway. But I am still getting my sports, movies, and entertainment. Only issue would be if my internet went out.
But I can always go to the sports bar down the street

boidsonly

Reaction score
Hey FCC,
How about you first hold ATT accountable to make good on all the promises they broke THE LAST TIME you approved something like this.
Just what we need-more choices....

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Here's a pretty interesting article regarding the AT&T/DirecTV merger. Why Isn't America Freaking Out About AT&T/DirecTV Merger -- And Should We Be?
I can't help but wonder how this will affect their overall infrastructure going forward? Will this provide AT&T the much needed fundage to further build up their infrastructure, or will they be strapped for cash the next couple of years due to laying out so much money for this purchase?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
At least in the Atlanta market Comcast has come out with some amusing commercials slapping AT&T and DirecTV in the face.