AT&T commercial?

xowktiger

Reaction score
In the commercial they say that on Verizon, you can't talk and surf the web at the same time. But I just was on YouTube searching for videos while I was on the phone, so what were they talking about?
Granted, I have Wi-Fi and 3G currently, but does that matter? And even if it did, AT&T just blatantly lied in the commercial, as far as I understand it. Anyone care to correct me or share his insight?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
AT&T has the worst network out of all of the carriers. They are getting pounded by Verizon who has the best. So the best they could come up with is that when you don't have wi-fi then you can't browse the web and talk at the same time.

It's a real stupid concept since who browses the web on their phone while talking at the same time anyway. Most of the time if I need to do something while talking it's getting someone a phone number which we can do since we can multi-task.

But it's all they have I guess...

Skaggz

Reaction score
Oh god, not one of these again.

Ok, here is the scoop. On Verizon's network it is impossible to use 3G and phone service at the same time. Sure you can talk and browse using WiFi. But 3G + Phone = Not Happening, no way, no how.

Yes AT&T does seem to pound it in to you, pretty much the same way Verizon is pounding the coverage map campagin right now as well. I guess not every company can come up with someting as clever as, "Can you hear me now?"

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Who in the heck would want to go on a website while talking on the phone anyways. Its only a desperate move by AT&T to try to bring verizon down.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk