AT&T Brings Back Unlimited Data Plans (with a Huge Catch)

mfg02

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Does anyone know the fine print as far as buying a phone outright, doing monthly installments, or a reduced cost with a signed contract? This option is a good deal for me and my wife only if I don't have to pay monthly installments on a phone.

alhadee12

Reaction score
Does anyone know the fine print as far as buying a phone outright, doing monthly installments, or a reduced cost with a signed contract? This option is a good deal for me and my wife only if I don't have to pay monthly installments on a phone.

You may have to contact them directly to ensure you get the right information. It may also help you to hold AT&T accountable for what they tell you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mfg02

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I have contacted the 1800 number and went to a store. Each one told me something different. I was curious if anyone else has been told multiple thing. Or if anyone has jumped on this deal and what they got.

alhadee12

Reaction score
I have contacted the 1800 number and went to a store. Each one told me something different. I was curious if anyone else has been told multiple thing. Or if anyone has jumped on this deal and what they got.

I'm a DTV customer and at this moment it would cost me more to take the deal and I'll lose my hotspot with Verizon. I was told I could bring my own phones for the unlimited plan. They also offered me $500 in credits if I ported my numbers and traded in my phones. It would be a $300 port credit and a $200 phone credit per line.

mfg02

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
They told me about 500 credit per line. They didn't mention bringing a phone, I have a turbo, not sure it would work? And if I bring a phone not sure you get the extra 200 dollar phone trade in. So far the jerk around already has me thinking twice. But I almost left Verizon cause of a couple customer service issues.

alhadee12

Reaction score
They told me about 500 credit per line. They didn't mention bringing a phone, I have a turbo, not sure it would work? And if I bring a phone not sure you get the extra 200 dollar phone trade in. So far the jerk around already has me thinking twice. But I almost left Verizon cause of a couple customer service issues.

That's why it's so hard to switch, I'm not sure if I want to trade a phone in that I could sell for more than $200. Also, if you have phone balances you'll have to pay them and just let the credits pay your AT&T bill when they kick in. In the meantime there could be a very large bill you would have to cover.

mfg02

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
That's why it's so hard to switch, I'm not sure if I want to trade a phone in that I could sell for more than $200. Also, if you have phone balances you'll have to pay them and just let the credits pay your AT&T bill when they kick in. In the meantime there could be a very large bill you would have to cover.

They said any smart hone with a 10 dollar value will give you 200 bucks. I guess you could go get a cheap one online. I have an old droid x that they said would qualify but I don't want to pay monthly installments. I'm off to talk to Costco see what they say.

mfg02

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Well Costco offers something totally different but did say you have to sign up for their monthly installment plan for the phone (whatever att version is). Next answer to find is whether you get 500 credit per line (300 for new customer and 200 for phone trade in) or how much max I can get. I would be losing the most in this deal because I am still on unlimited through Verizon but my wife is at 2 gig. We can't get internet at home so my phone is used a lot for the kids to watch Netflix etc. I use about 20 gb/month and I don't use it as a hotspot. My wife burns through 2gb before the billing cycle is up so the switch would really help her.

alhadee12

Reaction score
Well Costco offers something totally different but did say you have to sign up for their monthly installment plan for the phone (whatever att version is). Next answer to find is whether you get 500 credit per line (300 for new customer and 200 for phone trade in) or how much max I can get. I would be losing the most in this deal because I am still on unlimited through Verizon but my wife is at 2 gig. We can't get internet at home so my phone is used a lot for the kids to watch Netflix etc. I use about 20 gb/month and I don't use it as a hotspot. My wife burns through 2gb before the billing cycle is up so the switch would really help her.

I know that as a DTV customer I can get $500 in bill credits, but I'm on an installment plan with Verizon. Those credits will cover my balances, but my bill will increase. I have 30GB with Verizon and a 15% discount on my plan.

mfg02

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I am a dtv customer already so I would get at least 700 (300 as new customer and 400 for two phone trade ins). I want that extra 300 for two new customers. I'm not sure the price to get of a Verizon contract either. I obviously don't have a contract since I buy my phones outright to keep uld (i know you don't have to anymore) my wife has 11 months left on her last 2 year contract. I'm torn because there is no going back for me if the service sucks or I don't like it.

alhadee12

Reaction score
I am a dtv customer already so I would get at least 700 (300 as new customer and 400 for two phone trade ins). I want that extra 300 for two new customers. I'm not sure the price to get of a Verizon contract either. I obviously don't have a contract since I buy my phones outright to keep uld (i know you don't have to anymore) my wife has 11 months left on her last 2 year contract. I'm torn because there is no going back for me if the service sucks or I don't like it.
Yes, it's a tough situation when trying to move from one carrier to another. If you're moving two lines, you should get a $1000 in credits from the way it was explained to me.

mfg02

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
So has anyone jumped on this new plan? Curious how things went, how much money you got, and what phone you ended up with (seems att phone selection is limited)

alhadee12

Reaction score
So has anyone jumped on this new plan? Curious how things went, how much money you got, and what phone you ended up with (seems att phone selection is limited)

I stayed away from it because it's too expensive.

JacobVR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
Only downside is that there are not really any phones out that are better than what we already have. My only real choices are a Note 5 or an iPhone 6S Plus... Not too much of an upgrade from a Nexus 6 or a GS6

alhadee12

Reaction score
Only downside is that there are not really any phones out that are better than what we already have. My only real choices are a Note 5 or an iPhone 6S Plus... Not too much of an upgrade from a Nexus 6 or a GS6
I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk