AT&T and T-Mobile Announce Their Specific Plans for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-Galaxy-Note-3-featured-3-colors.jpg

Today, Verizon's pre-orders for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 officially start (which you can find here). For the first time in a long time Big Red was ahead of the other carriers in launching a new smartphone.

Although the others are a bit behind, that doesn't mean they aren't trying to catch up. Both AT&T and T-Mobile just shared their launch details for the new Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Gear smartwatch. Here's the info:
  • AT&T is also beginning their pre-orders for the device today (which you can find here). Their Samsung Galaxy Note 3 will be $299.99 on a new contract and will release around October 1st.
  • T-Mobile hasn't announced pre-orders yet, but they did release pricing and availability details. The T-Mo GNote3 will come on October 2nd for $199 down with payments of $21/month for 24 months. Incidentally, T-Mobile will also launch the Galaxy Gear on that same day for $299 without a contract option.
Which carrier do you plan on using the new GNote3 with?

RemyL75

Reaction score
Well, they actually got ahead of Verizon even though VZW was the first to announce. Verizon will not ship the phone until 10/10/2013. Thinking I will be a little under the weather that day ;)

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I'm hoping to be able to sell my AT&T S3 soon and pay off the early termination fee with that money and go to TMobile. This woudl be the device I would get. It all rests on whether or not I can get enough for my S3 to pay the early termination fee (and hopefully a bit left over too).

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Pre-ordered on Verizon...they gentleman I spoke with said they are hoping to release in the stores on the 10th (October) and pre-orders should arrive to those who ordered on or before the 10th...so I am hoping for the 9th LOL...

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping to be able to sell my AT&T S3 soon and pay off the early termination fee with that money and go to TMobile. This woudl be the device I would get. It all rests on whether or not I can get enough for my S3 to pay the early termination fee (and hopefully a bit left over too).
There's always room on the Tmo bus.I've got to sell my One.

TheMadTopher

Reaction score
Here's the info:
  • T-Mobile hasn't announced pre-orders yet, but they did release pricing and availability details. The T-Mo GNote3 will come on October 2nd for $199 down with payments of $21/month for 24 months.

$703 is T-Mobile's subsidized price for this phone? If that includes a new contract or extending your existing, that's terrible. They would only be subsidizing the interest. If so, I'd just as soon stick to VZW, pay the $750 upfront, keep unlimited and not be under contract.

Or is the $21 part of their upgrade 'when you want'/'on demand' program? I don't recall the exact phrase.