at my witts end with mms on droid maxx hd in canada

bizznasty

Reaction score
So. Bought the phone in the States because our Canadian version has a sad watered down version.smaller battery.boot screen is lame and its not a droid in Canada.just a Motorola razor HD l t e. Put my carriers sim card in. All good to go. Was unlocked.its a Verizon phone by the way.all is mint except no matter what I can't send or receive MMS. Wife sent me from her cell just says download or reject I press download and nothing. She doesn't even receive anything at all from me but at least I get message from her saying she sent something lol I just can't open. All my APN are correct .spent hours with my carrier making sure all is perfect. I've turned it off and on and reset it and took sim card out u name it. Is this thing just not destined to work for m m s. I hate third party apps because not everyone runs whatsapp or go sms. I am able to send her pics via the whatsapp just not thru the regular way.if this can't be fixed is there a way where I can download a third party app and send messages and pics to people without them having to download that app and have say go SMS be my main app and just add peoples cells or do they have to have that app. I suppose that's y there 3rd party. Ugh f m l this is making no sense .

OP
B

bizznasty

Reaction score
I did a hard reset of the phone. Started entirely over and put the APN settings in again. Low and behold after hours with techs with carrier I figured it out by reading blogs and places like this. She works now. However if I download the app u are referring to I can send MMS and SMS from that app to someone else when they just continue to use there stock android or iPhone default. I can randomly just put peoples cells in instead of having to press search like whassap. And how do inset it so it becomes my default and I don't get messages sent to the third party app and my stock SMS.

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
I did a hard reset of the phone. Started entirely over and put the APN settings in again. Low and behold after hours with techs with carrier I figured it out by reading blogs and places like this. She works now. However if I download the app u are referring to I can send MMS and SMS from that app to someone else when they just continue to use there stock android or iPhone default. I can randomly just put peoples cells in instead of having to press search like whassap. And how do inset it so it becomes my default and I don't get messages sent to the third party app and my stock SMS.

1) Yes you can send SMS and MMS to others who use their stock app.
2) I don't know how whassap works at all, but I did try Hancent and you type either one (or multiple) of your contacts name(s) OR if they are not in your contacts, yes you can just enter a phone number.
3) Since I don't use Hancent, I cannot answer the "how" on setting it as default, but it can be done in the settings for certain. When I played with it, both apps would display the incoming and outgoing threads. And when I decided to stick with the stock app, and uninstalled Handcent, all the texting history was still in the stock app. What I can't say for certain is, that if you do try it AND set it as default, whether the texting threads are still retained in the stock app (phone), but I would be surprised if they were not.
Don't be afraid to download the app and play with it. It's free, and you can uninstall if you don't like it.