At my wits end. Please Help

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Hacks' started by jickracer007, May 7, 2012.

1. jickracer007

jickracer007 New Member

I recently installed the Axiom_akop_b15Bionic Rom and I am losing all data continually. I would love this as my daily driver but it never keeps data but for a few minutes.
    Also Bluetooh sucks badly and I live in New Jersey and we have one of the highest tickets for driving while on the phone.
    I toggle between airplane mode and back.
    Anyone have any clues?
    running 4.03
    kernal 2.6.35.7
    build number axiom aokp
    mod version aokp axiom ab15
    Last edited: May 7, 2012
  2. jickracer007

jickracer007 New Member

lte

is the L.T.E light supposed to appear to differentiate that is on Verizons L.T.E server?
  3. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

Have you tried re flashing the ROM? What about different ROMS/stock?
  4. jickracer007

jickracer007 New Member

differentRoms

Yea I have tried the eclipse, cyogonom 9 with the added zip all to no avail.
    Compeletly upset.
    Stock from on .902 works like a champ.
    I just want ICS but I guess its nor happening on this particular Bionic.
    Right now I am on the Axiom but it will lose data in about an hour.
  5. Silvernirvash

Silvernirvash New Member

It doesn't matter what you do it seems its all from verizons end. Theyre doing something to block out phones using a rom. They're acting very much like sony and jailbreaking the ps3. If you root your device and install custom roms youre screwed. Im getting very upset with all this honestly. Verizon will be losing many customers soon because of their actions. They have no right to do this as it is illegal to block out phones that arent to their records updated to THEIR firmware version.
  6. jickracer007

jickracer007 New Member

I thought they lost in court over that. But I can see it being true.
    I'm a bit confused because driod forums is a Verizon sub base.
    If people mess up their phones all they have to do is charge them to reset it.
    There are some of us that are guinea pigs that install these r.o.m.s to see what works.
    I can deffinetly see Verizon doing it.
    What a shame. I waited 4 extra months to get the Bionic.
    Even Motorola released R.S.D lite in the name of progress W.T.F
  7. Silvernirvash

Silvernirvash New Member

U realize they do many things most would say is wrong. Like the locked bootloader. Its against the laws they set for block c yet they use security measures as an excuse for keeping the bootloader locked on all 4g phones.
  8. jickracer007

jickracer007 New Member

the locked boot loader is on all 4g phones? Wow I didnt know that
    I have no issue with it because it will prevent many whom don't know wat they are doing from totally bricking their phones.
    It's a hidden partition.
    Like I said I'm surprised Verizon is blocking the phone from their servers because your rooted.
    I was even more surprised,when Google denied me movie access because of root
  9. jayman350

jayman350 New Member

I have not heard about this before, where did you find this information?
  10. Silvernirvash

Silvernirvash New Member

Theres not enough sufficient evidence to fully blame them but due to numerous rom testing on my part none of the roms available allow lte connect after a minute or two sfrer boot up. So it seems like verizon has set up a system similar to sony where it reads your phones information to make sure all system files match up with the ones they have. Othetwise how else would u explain the issue EVERYONE is having with connecting via lte while running a rom
  11. dubsx

dubsx Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

you guys aren't having signal issues because Verizon is blocking rooted users (if this was true, your ROOTED Stock ROM wouldn't be working properly either)...you are having problems because ICS ROMs on BIONIC are ALL still in beta phase and data is yet to be completely ironed out. This is clearly stated in the OP of the thread you downloaded from. Honestly, with the locked bootloader it is pretty unlikely we will see a 100% reliable ICS daily driver until we get an official release.

*that said, I'm not bashing the ICS ROMs that are out there, what has been accomplished thus far is amazing and those devs deserve praise.

If you are having problems you can't accept, wipe all data and caches, format /system, and reinstall a STABLE ROM like Stock or Eclipse (Eclipse is 100% stable, so if you have issues, you likely messed something up by flashing.)

Hope you guys get it worked out.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  12. deduct

deduct Well-Known Member

I agree. I am running eclipse and have been for awhile and have great 4g and 3g connectivity. I also have tried all of the ics roms and had great data connection on them as well. Hardware acceleration was my only problem with ics roms. Here is a screenshot of my homescreen.

View attachment 49841
  13. Silvernirvash

Silvernirvash New Member

So you are saying that after all this time all ics roms decided to not work connectionwise just randomly across the board. Thats highly doubtful regardless of the fact all ics roms are still in beta up to this point iv had little to no issues related to data connection with the exception to some roms requiring me to use phone info to toggle gsm only them gsm/lte etc to get it to work. Just randomly gummy which i was running for atleast a week and a half decided no connections allowed. So i tested all other ics roms and its the same in all cases. there is no way it's purely coincidence.
  14. dubsx

I am saying that an UNSTABLE ROM is called an UNSTABLE ROM for a reason..because things do not work the way they are intended. That's precisely what I'm saying.

Whatever you want to think bro...Verizon is scheming against you...but ONLY on BETA ICS ROMs...lol

15. deduct

deduct Well-Known Member

No offense silver, but if this were true these forums would be lit up with complaints from everyone with this particular problem. It seems that you have a problem with your phone or Verizon may be having problems in your area. This is most likely to be the case than this conspiracy theory you've cooked up.
  16. Silvernirvash

Silvernirvash New Member

Well a theory is better than blindly wandering around wondering WHY ME lol
  17. deduct

deduct Well-Known Member

Good point.
  18. Silvernirvash

Silvernirvash New Member

And I find it odd that it only happens when running a rom and not stock regardless of root being there. Thus my theory would be probable.
  19. dubsx

you do realize that "stock" is also a ROM...it is the STOCK ROM, as opposed to custom ROMs (ie Eclipse, AXIOM, Gummy, etc.). EVERYONE (including unrooted users) is running a ROM.

clearly you don't REALLY know what you're talking about which is why your theory is NOT probable... I'm not trying to be mean or condescending or whatever. I'm trying to help provide an educated explanation for why you are having issues, take it or leave it.

False, uninformed assumptions like this are not beneficial to the community. If you want to contribute something, fix the data issues on ICS ROMs yourself...or offer to test potential fixes by the devs...or just file a lawsuit against Verizon...lol

20. Silvernirvash

Silvernirvash New Member

Yes I know that stock is a rom clearly iu dot understand how things lie this could work though. Sony reads a persons ps3 remotely from their end to make up the system being used is up to date and unmodified to let it through and connect to their services. Verizon could be doing something similar to prevent phones using modified roms like axiom and pics beta and so on from connecting to their service. The phone sends a signal t connect or way the send a signal back to connect but its like a lock and key they don't match up ad thus no connection can be made. DONT dare try to make me out to be an idiot.