Asus ZenWatch Available in the Google Play Store for $199.99

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
asus-zenwatch.JPG

The Asus ZenWatch Android Wear smartwatch is now available on the Google Play Store. The device will set you back $199.99. Here's a Play Store description to let you know what you are getting for the money:

Time-honored tradition, smart innovation
ASUS ZenWatch is an exquisitely crafted watch that seamlessly pairs with an Android smartphone. It provides relevant and useful information when it is needed most and serves as a wellness manager.

Here's a breakdown of specs:
  • Android Wear
  • 1.63” AMOLED display - Resolution 320 x 320
  • Water Resistant Rating IP55
  • Weight 75g
  • Battery 1.4Wh
  • Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 400 processor with 1.2GHz CPU
  • Bluetooth 4.0
  • 512MB RAM
  • Micro USB on Charging Cradle
  • 9 Axis Sensor & Bio-sensor
It's currently in-stock and says it will ship in 1-2 days from the time of the order (as of the time of the post November 14th, 2014 at 3PM CTD). Here's the link to the Play Store: ASUS ZenWatch - Devices on Google Play

blacksoxing

Reaction score
I don't think many care about the specs too much, as all these watches seem to be in the same category of specs nowadays.

The battery life though....that's the biggest concern! Watches such as these should get at least 2-3 days of life. I've been reading many reports of these things getting only a full day charge, which seems bananas, as historically a watch has been one of the things in life that you've always depending on "working"

(Plus that $199 price is kinda outlandish. These watches to me are still for the early adopters in life, which just isn't me.)