Asus Will Offer a Free GPS Dongle to Transformer Prime Owners to Fix GPS Issues

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Transformer-Prime-undocking.jpg

Although they have yet to make an official announcement, Asus has supposedly confirmed to the media that they will soon be providing a free GPS dongle add-on device to owners of the Transformer Prime that have been experiencing GPS issues. Apparently, this GPS dongle will snap-on to the bottom of the T-Prime to make sure that your Tablet has full GPS connectivity. They plan to make an official announcement on April 16th, and that is also the day they will make registration for the dongle available. Furthermore, the report indicates that the dongle should arrive a couple of weeks after that.

It's pretty rare to see a company go to such lengths to fix a customer issue, although it can easily be argued that they should have tested things better to begin with. Still, this move probably eats up most of the profit they made on the devices to begin with. What do you guys think? Does this improve/restore your image of Asus as a company?

Source: TransformerForums via UnWiredView

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Good. I was able to talk to Asus to fix my wifi issue with a few easy settings on my router but GPS has been pretty weak. This will be very handy and will be used in my car when I travel out of my usual area. Nice to see a company caring like Asus.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry. I'd be extremely upset if I had to resort to using a snap-on dongle to make my GPS work after dropping $500 on a tablet that was supposed to have "built-in GPS". To properly address this, they should allow you to send your tablet in and have it fixed internally.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
...and what are thay offering tf101 owners who deal with a plethora of bugs, glitches, and software/hardware issues? Granted most of these issues are probably more the fault of ICS. I deal with bad wifi issues; I ran an app that says my wifi connecton is weak even when I use the tablet in the same room as the wifi router.

blacksoxing

Reaction score
It's the downfalls of being an early adopter.

Yalls struggles help me make a more informed choice for what I want. So in the summer, when they have all the bugs worked out and they're shipping defect-free items...I'll be doing this :icon_ lala: